To ensure the Quality of Life on Battleborn Gearbox will do hot fixes pretty much once a week. A hot fix is done on the Battleborn Server and functions as a soft-patch. This can be done to balance the game or adjust some other stats. Gearbox will review their data on Mondays and will apply changes based on their info on Thursday at Noon PT/3pm ET. If they make the changes mid-week and the hot fix isn’t living up to expectations they can fix it before the weekend. A hot fix is automatically applied at the title screen when Battleborn is connected to the internet.
Patches are planned to come out once a month. These will address some larger modifications to the game that require more coding. Patches have to go through certification by Sony & Microsoft and can potentially delay a patch. You can download the latest update by launching Battleborn while connected to Steam/PSN/Xbox Live. You will be prompted to install the update if you do not already have the latest version. A patch is permanently stored on your system and only needs to be downloaded once.
We have a several changes for you this week and they focus on two Battleborn in particular – Galilea and Benedict. These changes will begin rolling out today at 12pm PT (3pm ET).
Our vision for Galilea is for her to be an exceptional Territorial Defender, capable of planting in a location with Desecrate and then aggressively holding that territory from invaders. While she’s not bad at that now, her variety of talents allows her success in other roles that are really outside of her intended gameplay scope. For this patch, we’ve come up with a few changes that we think will help tune Galilea in line with our intention for her. She will still be a force to be reckoned with in her Desecrate field, but will now deal less damage outside of her Desecrated ground. We have some other plans for changes to Galilea to help focus her a bit more, so look forward to those plans in a future patch update.
- Reduced the damage of Galilea’s Shield Throw by 31% (from 142 to 97 at level 1)
- Reduced the damage of Galilea’s Greatsword primary attack by 22% (from 66 to 55 at level 1)
- Decreased the growth rate of Corruption passive by 40%
*Note: Due to the way this change was made, Galilea will appear to become fully corrupt sooner than she actually has. The Corruption meter on her HUD will remain accurate, but the associated effects will now become active prior to her reaching maximum Corruption.
Benedict’s ego has gotten a bit oversized with some of his recent updates, putting him quite solidly at the top of our damage dealers. While we intend to keep him strong in the way of rocket-hawking, we need to bring this bird-brain’s damage back down to earth. We’ll be pulling back on some of his recent buffs to bring him in line with other attackers in our roster.
- Reduced base health from 983 to 831 at level 1
- Reduced the damage of Benedict’s UPR-SM23 Rocket Launcher primary attack by 10% (from 211 to 190 at level 1)
We know we keep talking about “winding things down for the holidays” and all, but let’s face it – our team is constantly thinking of ways to make Battleborn better – holidays or not. So, in the spirit of giving, we’re giving you one more group of hot fixes to keep you busy until the Winter Update arrives.
- Increased the effectiveness of Cooldown Reduction Gear
- Primary Stat: 7% -10.5% (Max)
- Secondary Stat: 4.2% – 6.3% (Max)
- The sustain range of Kleese’s Shock Taser and Ambra’s Staff of Radiance attacks has been reduced. Additionally, the arc range of Kleese’s Don’t Tase Me Bro has been similarly reduced. These changes should return these ranges to the proper proportions of the initial range.
- Sustain range of Kleese and Ambra’s Beam attack reduced 30.4%
- Arc range of Kleese’s Don’t Tase Me Bro augment reduced 36.25
- Increased the cooldown of Alani’s Riptide from 16 to 20 seconds.
- Increased El Dragón’s base health by 150.
- Increased the primary attack damage from El Dragón’s passive “Undisputed Champ” from 1.5% to 2% per stack.*
*Note that the description will not update to reflect this new value and will continue to show “1.5%”
Ahead of the upcoming update (which will contain more character balance changes), we added a hot fix this week that will adjust Kleese’s Shock Taser. This hot fix is slated to begin rolling out at 2pm CT today.
- Reduced initial range of Shock Taser by 30%, and increased sustain range to compensate
Kid Ultra Changes
We’ve made some adjustments to Kid Ultra today that you may have already noticed.
- Reduced the damage of each Bola Snare when level 6 Mutation Snare Spread is active to 40% from 50%.
- Reduced the number of times that Bola Snares will bounce when level 3 Right Augment Bank Shot is active from 3 to 1.
- Widened the spread of Bola Snare projectiles when level 6 Mutation Snare Spread is active.
- Increased the acceleration rate while in To the Rescue’s Hover Mode.
PS4 Queue Change
PS4 queue times, especially during mid-week play times, have gotten longer than we would like. So, we will be moving to one main queue (“Quick Match”) with all maps and modes on PS4. We still plan to bring special queues up from time to time for unique experiences, so stay tuned!
As we mentioned above, the Thanksgiving holiday is approaching here in the US and our team is looking forward to taking a much-needed break. In the interest of winding things down for the holiday, we only have a couple small hot fixes for this week, and none planned next week (more on that below). This week’s tweaks center around our pal Boldur.
Fixed two issues with Boldur’s L10 “Axe Mastery” augment:
- The damage increase provided while Rune Power was active on Boldur’s Axe was much higher than intended.
- The damage increase was being applied to all damage dealt rather than just his Runic Axe primary attack.
- Reduced base health by 237
- Reduced the duration of Rage from 8 seconds to 6 seconds
In addition to hot fixes, we also wanted to call out a specific issue of note. We’ve seen many reports of people receiving a score of 0 at the end of Story and Operation missions. We want to make sure we let you all know that our team is investigating that issue and we’ll update everyone as news becomes available. This week’s hot fixes will begin rolling out today at 12pm PT (3pm ET).
- Increased the amount of damage sentries deal to minions.
- Reduced the base cooldown of Scraptrap from 18 seconds to 12 seconds.
- Reduced the base trigger delay of Scraptrap from 2.5 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
- Health Regeneration stats have been increased on all rarities and types of Gear that provide Health Regeneration.
- Primary Health Regeneration has been increased to 10-14 Health Regeneration per Second.
- Secondary Health Regeneration has been increased to 5-7 Health Regeneration per Second.
- Damage Reduction stats have been increased on all rarities and types of Gear that provide Damage Reduction.
- Primary Damage Reduction has been increased to 6-8.4% Damage Reduction.
- Secondary Damage Reduction has been increased to 3-4.2% Damage Reduction.
We have a couple minor hot fixes related to minion XP awards. You can expect these changes to begin rolling out today at 12pm PT (3pm ET).
• Fixed an issue that caused M1.Gun Bot and M1.Blade Bot minions to award decreased XP in Meltdown maps
• Fixed an issue that caused M3.Shepherd minions to award decreased XP in Meltdown and Incursion maps