Borderlands the Pre-Sequel is getting updated from time to time with patches, but the game is also getting hot fixes just like Borderlands 2. A hot fix is a little update to the game that is automatically applied when you start up the game and are on the “Press Start” screen in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. Your PC or Console (Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Xbox 360 or Xbox One) needs to be connected to the internet.
A hot fix in general will temporarily address certain issues within the game between major updates that come in the form of a patch. This way Gearbox Software can quickly and easily fix some bug, balance problems or other issues within the game. As these hot fixes aren’t permit they are stored temporarily in the memory and are lost when you exit the game. A patch on the other hand contains updates that are permanently stored on your system.
June 22, 2015 Hot Fix
- addressed an issue where the user could encounter a progression blocker near the gate leading into the Cortex in the Sub-Subconscious.
- Movement speed bonuses from Aurelia’s “A Backhand to Remember” skill are now accurate to the description.
- Scavs behind glass will no longer reappear and remain idle after the player has killed them when progressing through Titan Robot Facility.
- Gwen’s Other Head can now be used in the grinder.
- Multiplayer clients are now able to see one of the Vault Symbol when attempting to discover it in the Nexus.
- Addressed certain “Cult of the Vault” symbols not displaying properly for clients.
- The mission “Picking up the Pieces” undiscovered description will now appear under the correct map area when viewing the mission log in game.
- Nisha’s Desperado and Celestial class mods will no longer cause the “Bottled Courage” skill to only work while in Showdown.
- Hyperventilator Ozkits will now show correct comparison arrows for movespeed and fire rate bonuses when comparing with another Hyperventilator kit.
- Fixed an issue where the RPG reward item is not available if the mission “Space Slam” is taken as soon as it is available.
- The blue loyalty reward pistol (Smasher) and shotgun (bullpup) can now be used in Grinder recipes.
- Miscellaneous performance optimizations.
- Addressed an issue where kraggons could fail to spawn in the mission “Lost Legion Invasion”.
- Generic Scavs will no longer fly around erratically during their ragdoll sequence after death.
May 19, 2015 Patch
General (Handsome Collection)
- Fixed various graphical issues
- Fixed menu stretching across the screen after a player quits a split-screen game
- Fixed an issue where players inventories were inaccurate when multiple player’s inventories were open in split-screen play
- Improved online multiplayer connectivity
- Fixed various controller vibration issues
- Various SHiFT connectivity improvements
Borderlands 2 (Handsome Collection)
- Added Poker Night 2 head and skin customizations
- Fixed an issue where some lip sync would sometimes fail to occur in non-English languages
Borderlands the Handsome Collection Frame Rate Test
Pre-Patch versus With new Patch
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (all platforms)
- Various performance improvements
- Minimized screen-tearing issues
- Added Zoom toggle option in the Video Options menu
- Added d-pad navigation toggle (zoom/navigation) support for ECHO Menu while in split-screen
- Fixed an issue where scoped weapons would sometimes break when teleporting to a vehicle in an online game
- Fixed an issue where the loading screen background image could fail to appear
- Addressed an issue where scoped weapons would aim off-center in two-player vertical split-screen
- Fixed an issue where audio could drop out while playing in split-screen in the Claptastic Voyage DLC
- Various multiplayer connectivity improvements
- Glitched (pink) items will now display properly in the UI
- DLC mission names will now show up on LAN lobby screens
- Fixed bug so that glowing portions of heads appear correctly with skins
- The Baroness’ “Custom Loads” skill will no longer erroneously apply a one-damage status effect
- Fixed Tassitron Engineers arc weld to fire properly at players
- Character customizations will now properly unlock for The Doppelganger and The Baroness
- Eghood is now on a respawn timer and is runnable without having to quit/reload
- Button highlights on the main menu friends list will no longer get stuck after a player leaves
- Gun graphics and animations added back to the Grinder UI
- Teleport effects will now display properly on Deck 13
- Players in an active Baroness contract can now duel
- Fragtraps with the “Cryogenic Exhaust Manifold” skill can now complete the “Trouble with Space Hurps” mission
- Remote and split-screen players can now receive loyalty rewards
- Players using the “Nuked” controller preset can now see the “Inspect” button prompt
- Fixed issue so that status effect visuals and damage match in length
- Fixed an issue where laser ice damage was sometimes incorrectly being dealt as shock damage
- Changed time remaining format to two-digits for minutes and two-digits for seconds during timed missions
- Dahl chests will no longer disappear and re-appear in Triton Flats
- Reflected laser beams will now properly display after ricocheting
- Nel will now spawn and aggro properly
- Players with missing backpack or bank SDU upgrade slots will automatically have additional slots added based on the number of SDU upgrades purchased
- Fixed an issue where the “Moon Mission Meister” achievement would sometimes not unlock
- Opha Superior is now a runnable boss
- Fixed the objective “Open Door” that would uncheck and cause players to get stuck when running to Regolith Range after opening the canister door in Serenity’s Waste
- Fixed an issue where the Grinder would sometimes become non-functional
- The Grinder will now produce items over level 50 in playthroughs one and two
- Tony Slows will now always spawn during the “No Such Thing as a Free Lunch” mission
- Fixed a zombie audio issue during multiplayer sessions
- Players can no longer spend skill points in their own skill tree while inspecting another player’s skill tree
- Gates will now close when Jailbreaker dies
- Players should no longer get stuck during the “Kill Meg” mission
- The Luck Cannon’s bonus damage will no longer apply to projectiles from other weapons
- Inventory stats will no longer be incremented when withdrawing inventory from the bank or stash
- Fixed an exploit with EOS and legendary loot
- Players will be able to progress when hacker bot dies during the “File Search in The Nexus” mission
- Players will no longer get stuck by jumping in the recycling bin after pulling the lever during the “You Can Stop The Music” mission
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck after leaving the map during the “Chip’s Data Mining Adventurer” mission
- Fixed jump pad issues during multiplayer sessions in Claptastic Voyage
- The “Cult of the Vault” challenge in Motherlessboard now includes the proper number of Vault Symbols
- Players will no longer get stuck after killing the last wave of enemies during the “File Search” mission
- MINAC’s doors will no longer get stuck after level transitions
- Player characters lines will now play when picking up H-Source
- Fixed an issue with 5H4D0W-TP not functioning properly on some missions
- A black sphere will no longer appear when the “Enter the Claptrap” mission is in the “TURN IN” state
- Fixed and issue where the introduction cutscene did not play properly
- Increased damage particle size when hitting EOS
- Added Grinder recipes for Claptastic Voyage items
- Updated Loot bug drop pool
- Denial Subroutine boss fight is now runnable without having to quit/reload and now has special loot
- Killing Eclipse now grants experience and can trigger Second Wind
- Players will no longer get stuck on the “The Psychology of Claptrap” mission
- 5H4D0W-TP’s health bar will no longer linger after its death
- The HUD will no longer disappear when pausing in the on Deck 13 ½
- Enemies will now always appear on the minimap in the Holodome arena