Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion is the first Story Operation Gearbox released post-launch to add new content to their game Battleborn. This story operation takes place on some sort of star trek holodeck. This simulation brings you back to the events that took place before the main story missions. In this story operation, you play next to Attikus and experience the events that lead up to the 3rd Thrall rebellion. But during this simulation Attikus has taken some creative freedom in the storytelling and that reflects in the game.
Attikus and the Thrall rebellion has this film-noir style to it like the movie Sin City. During the storytelling segments in this mission, the game turns into this black and white movie with those overexposed red color in it. Storytelling in this mission is done differently than those in the main game. Every playthrough the player gets to experience a different slice of the story and as the player keeps replaying this story operation they will progress in the story.
Attikus and the Thrall rebellion is released on October 13th, 2016. All five of the upcoming Story Operations are included in the Season Pass and Digital Deluxe editions of Battleborn. If you’re not already on-board for the DLC, each Story Op is $4.99 USD and can be purchased individually for 700 Platinum in the in-game Marketplace.
- 6 titles
- 2 more skins for each of the current 30 heroes, up to 60 new skins
- 3 new taunts
- 6 new Legendary Gear pieces
- Faction Commander Packs each time you hit max score
The story operation Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion is set up for replayability and rewarding you for doing so. Because this mission contains a lot of unlockables you can acquire by playing this mission over and over again with different heroes.
- Commander Loot Packs
Commander Loot Packs
The first time you reach 60 OPS points with a hero you get a Commander Pack from the faction of the hero of your choice. This happens 1 time for each of the factions. But if you are able to get 100 OPS points and finish the mission you also get a Faction Commander Pack corresponding to the faction of your hero. Fun fact: this 100 OPS points reward is repeatable, so every time you complete the story operation with 100 OPS points you will get that Faction Commander Pack.
Eldrid Commander Pack
- Gain 60+ OPS Points as an Eldrid Battleborn (one time reward)
- Gain 100 OPS Points as an Eldrid Battleborn (repeatable)
Jennerit Commander Pack
- Gain 60+ OPS Points as a Jennerit Battleborn (one time reward)
- Gain 100 OPS Points as a Jennerit Battleborn (repeatable)
LLC Commander Pack
- Gain 60+ OPS Points as an LLC Battleborn (one time reward)
- Gain 100 OPS Points as an LLC Battleborn (repeatable)
Rogue Commander Pack
- Gain 60+ OPS Points as a Rogue Battleborn (one time reward)
- Gain 100 OPS Points as a Rogue Battleborn (repeatable)
UPR Commander Pack
- Gain 60+ OPS Points as a Peacekeeper Battleborn (one time reward)
- Gain 100 OPS Points as a Peacekeeper Battleborn (repeatable)
Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion is packed with skins each hero will be getting 2 new skins which are obtainable by completing the story operation with 40+ or 85+ OPS points. While these are classified as tier 1 skins these are some real good recolors.
- 40+ OPS Points is a Red and Black colored skin.
- 85+ OPS Points is a Gold and Black colored skin with Red highlights.
There are also a few new taunts that can be unlocked in Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion.
- Attikus – Devourer – Gain 50+ OPS Points playing as Attikus.
- Deande – Poise – Gain 50+ OPS Points playing as Deande.
- Oscar Mike – Amp Damage – Gain 50+ OPS Points playing as Oscar Mike.
- Are TOO Detectives! – Complete the Operation “Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion” as Shayne & Aurox.
- BRO Certificate – On Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion, play as Oscar Mike and defeat Aria with Attikus on your team.
Femme Fatale? – Play the Operation “Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion” once each as Deande, Ambra, and Oscar Mike.
Guts & Gumshoe – Complete all story chapters of the Operation “Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion”.
- Tempest Noir – Complete the Operation “Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion” with 25 Operation points.
- Slumlord – Complete the Operation “Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion” with 50 Operation points.
Rebel Leader – Complete the Operation “Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion” with 75 Operation points.
Thrall of Thralls – Complete the Operation “Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion” with 100 Operation points.
With this new DLC Gearbox also added some new Legendary Gear to the game. Aria’s Encore can be farmed at the final boss of this story operation. The other legendary gear is also added to the general loot pool and can be obtained through gear packs. These new legendary items bring an interesting new mechanic with them. You can find my thoughts about this in the Aria’s Legendary Changing the Gear System Article.
Sister Aria is the final boss of the story operation; Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion. You get a brief introduction to her half-way the mission, but the big encounter is at the end of the level. This boss fight is an interesting one because as you gain more OPS Points this battle will become more difficult as Aria will have more and different attacks. So each time you progress through those bits of story you notice that in the first few sessions Aria will be activating different skills.
Aria will spawn in the center of the arena and will attack the player(s). She will also call in some red anchors that will deal damage and hinder you as these will electrify the ground and shoot out lightning. If you are able to take down a portion of Aria’s health she will return to the center of the arena and will spawn blue anchors. Aria will be shielded during this segment and will be immune to any source of damage. These blue anchors will restore Aria’s shield over time. Now you have to take down these anchors before Aria is able to fully restore her shield. Once the shield is full or all of the anchors are destroyed the fight will continue. Aria will be very vulnerable for a brief moment as she is still locked in place. But during this moment she also will throw out some golden score points. So if you really want to get them high score this is your chance to grab those, but miss out on the chance to take down Aria more easily. Over the course of this battle, some Thrall will randomly spawn and will attack you. To gain control over the battlefield clear out the anchors and defeat the thrall. Aria is very powerful stay on the move and use the jump pads on the outer ends of the arena to quickly avoid a direct confrontation if you are not ready for battle as Aria will hunt you down. Good Luck!