Battleborn has a large amount of character divided over 5 different factions. Each of these heroes has their own role in battle. Learn more about these Battleborn.
- Eldrid – The nature loving faction that strives to remain at peace.
- Jennerit – The Socialist faction with an elite group of immortals.
- LLC – War profiteers made up primarily of robots.
- Peacekeepers – The sworn protectors of Solus.
- Rogue – The faction that isn’t a faction.
Full Battleborn Character Roster
Battleborn is not just the name of the game but also how you describe the playable characters in the game. These are a group of heroes, they are the champions of this game. Battleborn is a hero shooter and therefore features a wide range of playable characters. The game contains 25 unique heroes divided over 5 different factions.You can find their profiles in the hero list. Each faction has a unique skill assigned to their champions. The Eldrid have Health regeneration, the Jennerit have Life Leech and the Peacekeepers have large shield capacity. During your adventure you can play characters ranging from an cyborg hawkman to samurai vampires to mini-gun wielding man-mountains. If you like slash and parry, run and gun, cast and dash, or simply obliterate your foes. Battleborn has it while you are building and growing your personal team of heroes. You start the game with 7 heroes and unlock the other Battleborn by playing the game.
Each Battleborn has a certain role on the battlefield. As one hero might be better in attacking, pushing the team forward. Another hero is very good in defending, very territorial. There are also Healers, Shielders, Snipers, Disruptors, etc. Therefore all heroes have a few classifications assigned to them that describe it’s playstyle. They also have a learning curve on how skilled you have to be in order to pick up this character. Skill Level is a classification of how difficult it is to learn / play the character. There are currently three levels in the game: Easy (very straightforward play), Complex (Character has ability combos you need to pay attention to in order to use them well, and Advanced (character requires use of combos, specialized skills, or technical play to use them well).
- Adorable: Because Toby is an adorable penguin.
- Agile: The character is fast and/or highly mobile. Often includes skills or helix augmentations that increase mobility. Focuses mainly on vertical movement.
- Assassin: The character is specialized in taking down a single target fast.
- Brawler: The character is adept at getting into and staying in fights.
- Combat: The character is exceptionally useful in the middle of a fight.
- Controller: The character has a lot of crowd control (CC) abilities that setup or assist the team.
- Disruptor: The character has quite a few crowd control (CC) abilities that stop or interrupt the enemy.
- Healer:The character specializes in restoring allies’ health.
- Initiator: The character is especially adept at starting fights. Usually involves a combination of movement abilities and crowd control.
- Mobile: The character is fast and/or highly mobile. Often includes skills or helix augmentations that increase mobility. Focuses mainly on horizontal movement.
- Pusher: The character has good Area of Effect damage and/or fast minion clear.
- Rescuer: The character is especially adept at last second saves that mean the difference between life or death.
- Shielder: The character specializes in restoring allies’ shields.
- Skirmisher: The character is specialized in hit and run or guerrilla tactics.
- Sniper: The character can accurately hit targets at long range. Does NOT mean the character needs to stay far back.
- Stealth: The character can cloak and disappear from sight. Only indication is a slight shimmering effect.
- Tank: The character is a beefcake. Lots of health and often has a shield that blocks damage
- Territorial: The character specializes in controlling a specific area.
- Versatile: The character is flexible and can fill or specialize in multiple roles.
Every Battleborn hero plays from a first person perspective and has a unique playstyle mechanics. They not only differ by looks but also how fast they are or how high they can jump or even if they can fly.They all got different stats on how each of them perform in amount of Health, Power, Range & Speed.
While the Battleborn heroes outperform other heroes in some departments they also have their flaws. For example ISIC may have a very high health gauge, but he also has a very slow movement speed. However there are ways for ISIC to get around much quicker by using one of his special abilities.
Each character has 3 unique special abilities. These can be powerful attacks or special boosts. Once you use them they need to recharge and unlock after the countdown timer resets the skill. You are able to use two of these from the start of the game. The third is your Ultimate ability and is unlocked after leveling your character’s Helix to level 5 (The Helix Skill Tree will be explained further down this page). Your hero also comes equipped with an passive skill, these affect your hero’s playstyle by giving boosts or abilities when certain conditions are met.
By playing the game in story mode or multiplayer mode you will earn experience points. This will let you rank up three different leveling systems in Battleborn. Each of these leveling systems will reward you in different ways.
All Battleborn heroes have a skill tree called Helix that you can level up during the course of a single match. The Helix extends from level 1 up to level 10. As you start at level 1 and gain experience points you are able to unlock the other tiers. In each tier you get to choose between different skills to enhance your character’s abilities. Once you unlock level 5 you will also unlock your ultimate ability. After each match, be it story mode or multiplayer mode, the helix will reset. There are also Mutations that you can unlock. These are new skills for your Helix, instead of having to choose between two skills you have a third option. These are highlighted on the hero profile pages in the greenish color: MUTATION
By playing Battleborn a lot with one hero you will manage to level up that specific character. This is called Character Rank. With each tier you will unlock cool new stuff for your hero of choice. Character Rank goes up to level 15.
- Default Rank
- Rewarded a Title
- Rewarded a Mutation
- Rewarded the Red & Blue Skin
- Rewarded a Mutation
- Rewarded a Rare Loot Pack
- Rewarded a Mutation
- Rewarded the Orange & Lime Skin
- Rewarded a Mutation
- Rewarded a Faction Loot Pack
- Rewarded the Pink Skin
- Rewarded the Final Mutation
- Rewarded a Epic Loot Pack
- Rewarded the Green & Black Skin
- Rewarded a Taunt.
Mastery (Rank 15 + all lore challenges done) Rewarded a Skin and a Badass Title.
As you earn experience points you can level up the character rank of the hero that you currently playing. This character rank will unlock cool new stuff for that specific hero. These can be new skins, for example Benedict’s basic green Peacekeeper outfit will have an captain america look. Another way to customize your hero is to give them new taunts, these are short animations that you can use to mock your opponent after killing them in a online battle. You can outfit your character with gear that you gain during your playtime. These pieces of gear boost your hero and makes them a real champion.