Gearbox Software started a new initiative where they recognize members of the Gearbox Community for their creative efforts — be they cosplays, artwork, community events, guides, or any other means of showing their devotion. Each week they will pick one awesome community member and put them into the spotlight and give out an “Legendary” forum badge. This feature started in June and the first member to receive this badass honor was Ganza for hosting 4 community events where Borderlands players went hunting for specific loot.
When i found out about this i thought what an awesome idea to honor some of the great Gearbox community members . Also i hoped to join the group of badasses one day and become a Legendary Community Member. Well i didn’t have to wait long because 3 hour later i got an notification of the Community Sponge , Joe King, telling me i was selected as second Badass and i’ll be featured next week. After screaming like an little girl i had a big list of question i had to fill in. Want to read the full interview go over to the GBX Forums.
Welcome back, minions! In this week’s Community Badass, we spotlight one of our community’s most talented graphic artists, @MentalMars! Not only is he talented creator of all types of visual Gearbox goodies, he’s also at the forefront of all the delicious Battleborn speculation that none of us can get enough of recently! I managed to dig him out of his personal Battleborn “war room” long enough to ask him a few pressing questions:
- How long have you been playing Borderlands?
- What is it about the series that has you hooked and keeps you coming back?
- What’s your favorite character class/playable character and why?
- You’re a very talented graphic artist and have created many Gearbox centric pieces including some great wallpapers. How did you get started?
- Talk about your process a little bit. How do you get inspired to create your work and how do you go from inspiration to finished product?
- What are you most looking forward to seeing from Gearbox in the near future?
- How can we keep up with you and what you’re up to?