You are able to score points inside each Battleborn’s coöprative story mission and at the end of the mission you are rewarded with a star rating. The higher your score the better your star rating is and you might even be rewarded with bonus loot.
A frequent question is “How do I get a Gold or Diamond Ranking in Battleborn?”. So if you are looking for ways to get a higher score in the story mode, well then I have some insights for you on how to boost your score points. So let’s break down how the scoring system works and how you can achieve that ultimate star rating
Table of contents
Star Ratings Explained
So first off which tiers of score can you accomplish? Well Bronze, Silver, Gold & Diamond. At the end of each mission, you will be rewarded a star rating. Each mission and difficulty setting (Normal, Normal-Hardcore, Advanced, and Advanced-Hardcore) has its own threshold for these star ratings:
- Bronze: Bronze Stars are awarded for simply completing a mission.
- Silver: A Silver Star rating means you’ve not only completed a mission but earned a pretty significant amount of score along the way! If you’ve earned a Silver Star with a five-player team, there’s some room for improvement (keep reading!). If you earned a Silver Star on a solo mission, feel proud, you knocked it out of the park!
- Gold: A Gold Star rating means that your team achieved an excellent score on the mission! This means your team likely entered the mission with the goal of prioritizing a high score and was successful. Gold Stars are relatively difficult to achieve for solo players, but not impossible.
- Diamond: A Diamond rating means you and your team did awesome! This means your team knows the mission and how to get the highest scores. Great job, you will be rewarded with a Commander Faction Pack the first time you achieve this rating on each difficulty setting.
How to Earn Score Points
There are several ways to earn score points that is by; killing enemies, collecting score points, gathering pickups & completing the mission. It all sounds easy but there are some tricks that you can use to your advantage.
Killing enemies earns you score points, the bigger the enemy the more points you earn. But there is a meta-game to this killing stuff because there is a quick-kill bonus involved. Taking down an enemy within a specific time frame will reward you with bonus points. Check out the other tab for detailed info on these timers.
- ProTip: Limit the number of enemies you engage at any given time. This will allow your team to focus fire and maximize the number of Quick Kill Bonuses earned.
- ProTip: Party up! Bigger teams spawn more enemies. More enemies mean a higher score potential. Coordinate with your team to hit crit spots and burn down tough enemies as fast as possible.
- ProTip: Buildables aren’t always your friend! When embarking on a Score run, offensive buildables like traps, drones, and turrets have a tendency to select their own targets and trigger Quick Kill timers before you’re ready to engage.
- ProTip: Don’t take out the enemy teleport anchors that spawn more enemies. You are cutting off your score supply station.
Loot everything you can! During the match, there are loot boxes that provide blue orbs with extra score points.
Also, hunt down the hidden bigger six-slot chest that (randomly) spawn on the map. These don’t just provide you with some gear but also spit out golden bonus score orbs. Act fast as these golden orbs will be loot-able for a limited time. The more extra lives your team has, the more Golden Score Pickups will spawn in each group.
Keep your extra life count high by reviving downed teammates! In Hardcore Mode, the maximum number of Golden Score Pickups will always spawn.
Some bosses also spawn Golden Score Pickups mid-fight. Learn which bosses drop orbs and when to make sure you’re not missing out on any drops!
- ProTip: Don’t die, Get bonus lives if you aren’t playing on Hardcore mode and search for those hidden gear chests.
- ProTip: Bosses have set triggers for dropping those golden score orbs. Get in close and trigger them. For example, with H3NCHM4N he drops your bonus points after he loses his shield. Just rip his shield and collect the orbs. Then wait for him to recharge his shield for another go.
Good luck reaching the maximum star rating!
Quick Kill Bonuses Explained
As discussed in the “Score Points” tab you will get bonus points for defeating enemies within a certain time frame. This counts from the moment the enemy takes its first hit. This can be done by you, your teammate, or a turret/drone you purchased.
Enemies are divided into different groups with each having their own scoring, quick kill bonus & time limit. The enemy groups are:
Quick Kill Enemy Types
- Kill Score: 29 / 31.29
- Quick Kill Bonus: 0/0
- Time Limit: 0.29 Seconds
- Kill Score: 50 / 62.5
- Quick Kill Bonus: 100/129
- Time Limit: 1 Second
- Kill Score: 100 / 129
- Quick Kill Bonus: 400/500
- Time Limit: 2 Seconds
- Kill Score: 500 / 629
- Quick Kill Bonus: 2500/3125
- Time Limit: 8 Seconds
- Kill Score: 2000 / 2500
- Quick Kill Bonus: 4500/5625
- Time Limit: 25 Seconds