Maya is the Siren class in Borderlands 2. She is able to Placelock enemies and stuns them at their current position. Maya’s gameplay is more active due to her action skill. While her Phaselock ability is pretty powerful, it, however, doesn’t last very long. The upside is that Maya’s action skill has a short cooldown, which let you use quite often. So if you like an action-packed solo experience Maya has an aggressive playstyle. When you like to play co-op then Maya is also a great buddy to have around as she has the ability to keep the team’s health up and revive others at a distance.
Phaselock: Maya’s skill gives her the ability to suspend foes in another dimension. This can lock an opponent in a stasis, and can be upgraded to provide various damaging effects. This skill is useful for crowd control in both co-op and single-player mode. Repeatedly Phaselocking the same enemy results in diminishing returns. Base Cooldown is 13 seconds, base Duration is 5 seconds.
Skill Tree Overview
- The Motion tree focuses on crowd control, defense-based skills and allowing her to brainwash enemies into fighting each other.
- The Harmony tree focuses on healing abilities on herself and her teammates while providing some benefits to Maya’s DPS.
- The Cataclysm tree focuses on elemental effects.
- Height: 5’7″
- Age: 25
- Favorite Color: Purple
- Allegiances: The Warrior-Monks of the order of the impending storm
- Planet of origin: Athenas
- Likes: Crowd-Control, ludicrous amounts of elemental damage.
- Dislikes: When people try to experiment on her.
As an infant, Maya was identified as a Siren and given to the Order of the Impending Storm, the ruling order of monks on her homeworld of Athenas. She trained her Siren powers in secret until she reached adulthood, when the monks revealed her to the public as their goddess and savior. Irritated by the Order’s short leash, she longed for adventure and expressed interest in traveling to Pandora to learn more about her Siren lineage. She eventually realized that the Order was using her as a threat to extort money and obedience from the people of Athenas. After Phaselocking and executing her handler Brother Sophis, she headed to Pandora to finally satisfy her curiosity about Sirens.
Maya already knew of the Vault and the presence of Eridium before arriving on Pandora. After Handsome Jack learned of Maya through Hyperion surveillance footage of Athenas, it presumably didn’t take much effort to get the Siren on the train at the beginning of the game.
- Maya is wanted for the crime of being a siren, the bounty on her head is $720,000,000,000.
- An ECHO recording appears in Maya’s inventory at the start of the game about her training with a group of mysterious “Brothers” and explains why she left her planet to come to Pandora.
- Maya’s back story ECHO recordings are located in the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve. The recordings override earlier promotional material regarding her age, giving her at least 27 years instead of 25.
- One of Maya’s body skins, “Slice of Fried Gold” is a reference to the movie Shaun of the Dead.
- Maya’s, “So it goes…” quote comes from Kurt Vonnegut’s novel Slaughterhouse-Five in which the phrase is used as a refrain after the death of any character.
- Maya was the first Vault Hunter to meet Krieg. She originally mistook him for a common bandit. Krieg’s inner voice then persuaded Krieg to save Maya’s life from an approaching Rat horde.
- According to Mad Moxxi, Maya gives her a “ladyboner”.
- For unknown reasons, both Maya and Lilith, another Siren, are frequently referred to as “the most powerful Siren on Pandora”, respectively. Whom truly is more powerful is unknown.