- Name: Amara
- Tag: The Siren
- Class: Siren
- Action Skill: Phaseslam, Phasegrasp, and Phasecast
- Voice Actor: Zehra Fazal
- Character Artist: Amanda Christensen
- Character VFX: Joseph Joyal
A hero born in the slums of Partali, Amara is most at home on the battlefield or in a brawl. Never content to stand idly by, she uses her Siren abilities, to smash oppressors and dismantle her foes. While in her Phasetrance, she channels her Siren energy to form powerful arms that can shoot blasts of force or crush enemies in their grip. Brash, aggressive, and self-assured, Amara doesn’t let anything stand in her way.
Gifted with powerful Siren abilities, Amara is a renowned champion of the people and bonafide badass. Using her action skills she can Phaseslam the ground to damage nearby enemies and knock them into the air, Phasegrasp enemies in place with a giant ethereal fist, or even Phasecast an astral projection of herself that deals damage to everything in its path.
Amara, the Siren, is one of the playable characters in Borderlands 3. As her class states, she is 1 of the 6 sirens in the Borderlands universe. Amara is different from the previous sirens we got to play. She is a fast pace character that can really get into the face of your enemies. Her abilities will let you control the combat or get the advantage point while slamming your way through the combat zones. Unlike Zane, Amara’s game changers will let augment all of her action skills. This way you can choose to pick up abilities from one tree and still spec into a different action skill. If you liked playing Maya in Borderlands 2 than Amara can be a cool character for you since one of her action skills is also has the ability to lock enemies in place. Of course, Phasegrasp comes with new augmentations that let you beat up your opponents.
- Amara leaps into the air and Slams the ground, dealing damage to all nearby enemies and knocking them up.
- Amara sends forward an Astral Projection of herself, dealing damage to everything in its path
- Amara summons a giant fist that bursts from the ground and locks the targeted enemy in place for a few seconds. Some enemies are immune to being grasped and instantly take damage instead.
- The Brawl Skill Tree is focused on that fast pace close up combat. You will find skills that boost your melee and movement speed. There are skills that cater to your survivability that will keep you in the fight. You can even pick up a get out of jail free card as it will instantly revive you if you go down into fight for your life mode. The capstone skill provides you with a melee override that will let you do short dash attacks.
- Mystical Assault
- The Mystical Assault skill tree sets you up with a stacking mechanic. Getting ‘Rush’ stacks will provide you with various boosts to really increase your effectiveness. By killing enemies or using elemental weapons you can build up those stacks. Down the skill tree, you can double down on this mechanic. The capstone will also let you use your action skill a second time without having to wait on the cooldown.
- Fist of the Elements
- The fist of the elements skill tree lets you double down on the elemental damage of your weapons and action skill. You can pick up skills that let you spread your elemental damage across the battlefield.
Want to learn more about the individual skills then check out Amara’s full skill trees.