How to obtain Legendary Weapons
Getting legendary weapons in Borderlands 3 is awesome !!! However, the problem most players encounter is; “How do you obtain these legendary weapons?” You have to know where to look in order to get these items because these legendaries have a small chance to drop. Getting these legendary weapons is a thrill for me, as I’m always curious about what the special effect is on each weapon. They all harness some unique abilities that you can take advantage of and boost your vault hunter in new ways. Some are more useful or powerful than others and some just add a new way to play the game.
Select one of the tabs below in order to view a list of legendary items. Each image will bring you to a dedicated page that will tell you everything you need to know about these unique legendary items and how to get them. They are basically all Borderlands 3 item guides. Happy Looting!
Borderlands 3 Legendary List:
Check out this Borderlands 3 weapon database
Borderlands 3 Legendary Loot
The loot in Borderlands 3 has multiple quality tiers. the orange Legendary loot is the highest tier and therefore very popular amongst the community. The common assumption by players is that legendary weapons are the best items you obtain in the game. While generally speaking this is true, there is Epic loot that outperforms some of their legendary counterparts. However, legendary gear always has a special ability that you won’t find in common items. With these special abilities, you will be able to create awesome character builds. Some are ridiculously overpowered while others are dumb fun to play.
How many Legendary items does Borderlands 3 have?
Borderlands 3 contains 396 legendary items, which includes all the DLC items. The legendaries are broken down into:
- 252 Legendary Weapons
- 47 Legendary Assault Rifles
- 24 Legendary Heavy Weapons
- 65 Legendary Pistols
- 45 Legendary Shotguns
- 46 Legendary SMGs
- 25 Legendary Sniper Rifles
- 44 Legendary Shields
- 30 Legendary Grenade Mods
- 45 Legendary Class Mods
- 25 Legendary Class Mods
Legendary Drop Locations
How do you get legendary weapons in Borderlands? Every legendary weapon has a drop location assigned. Some items have a dedicated loot source, which means you can only get that item from that specific enemy and nowhere else.
Borderlands 3 has a lot of “world drop” legendary items. You can get these items from any lootable resource but tougher enemies are more likely to drop one. That said, it wouldn’t be the first time that you get a legendary item from a trash pile.
A lot of these world-drop legendaries eventually got a loot source assigned. This makes farming for a specific item a lot easier.
On each of the item pages above you can find out the drop location of a specific legendary item. Or you can check out this Borderlands 3 Guide that tells you all about the Farmable Bosses and their Legendary Loot.
There are a lot of named enemies that have dedicated loot drops, assigned loot drops, and then there is always a chance of getting a random ‘world drop’.
Best Legendary Weapons
- Best Borderlands 3 Legendary Weapons
- Best Legendary Assault Rifles in Borderlands 3
- Best Legendary Grenade Mods in Borderlands 3
- Best Legendary Pistols in Borderlands 3
- Best Legendary Rocket Launchers in Borderlands 3
- Best Borderlands 3 Legendary Shields
- Best Legendary Shotguns in Borderlands 3
- Best Legendary SMGs in Borderlands 3
- Best Legendary Snipers in Borderlands 3
DLC Legendary Items
- [DLC 1] Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot Legendary Weapons
- [DLC 2] New Guns, Love, and Tentacles Legendary Items
- [DLC 3] Bounty of Blood Legendary Items
- [DLC 4] Fantastic Fustercluck Legendary Weapons
- [DLC 5] Arms Race Legendary Items + New Loot
- [DLC6] The Director’s Cut Legendary Items
Mayhem & Event Legendaries
- All Mayhem 4 Legendary Weapons
- All Mayhem 6 Legendary Weapons
- Bloody Harvest Legendaries
- Broken Hearts Day Legendaries
- Revenge of the Cartels Legendaries
- Guardian Takedown Legendaries
- Best Early Game Weapons
- Best Legendary No DLC Weapons in Borderlands 3
- Best Recently Buffed Legendary Weapons
- Best Corrosive Weapons
- Best Shock Weapons
- Best Utility Weapons
- Legendary Weapon Tier List