September 14, 2017
- Increased the base damage of the UPR-AR7 Assault Rifle by about 17% (from 17 to 21 at level 1)
- Reduced the unarmed movement speed bonus from 30% to 20%.
- Decreased the amount of Damage Reduction granted by Rage from 25% to 15%.
- Reduced the base damage of Quick Melee by 25% (from 84 to 63 at level 1).
July 6, 2017
Despite the holiday, we’ve got a couple juicy Hot Fixes for you! As always, these will begin rolling out at 12pm PT/3pm ET, so be on the look out:
• Reduced the damage of L4 Hatchet Man from 240 to 120 damage over 4 seconds.
As we’ve noted in the past, we’re happy for Boldur to be recognized as a capable mobile defender; however, his current ability to deal large amounts of damage is making him stronger than we’d like to see. Our hope is that by reducing the damage of this augment, he becomes a bit more reliant on directly connecting with his skills and primary attacks.
• Reduced the duration of Sublimate from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.
While Kelvin does a great job of filling his role as an initiator/disruptor and tank, his control abilities have proven to be problematic. Particularly, his ability to get in, stun enemies, and get out – all while Sublimated- provides him with a unique ability to control the battlefield with limited risk and counterplay. Our intent behind this change is to allow Kelvin players to make a decision on whether to use Sublimate as an initiation skill or as an escape, rather than allowing him to do both at once. This should also make situations that allow him to stun entire enemy teams more rare as well.
As always, we’ll continue to monitor feedback and data, and will give particular attention to these characters and specifically the effect of these changes.
June 29, 2017
- Increased the skill and melee lifesteal granted by Rath’s passive, Genetic Syphon, from 10 to 12.5% and from 7.5 to 9.3%, respectively.
While our favorite Keeper of the Blade has earned his place as a fearsome damage dealer, he has proven to be more fragile than some of his counterparts. As such, we’d like to improve his ability to sustain himself in a fight. Additionally, his passive was relatively weak when compared to those of other Battleborn.
Our intent is to empower Rath to maintain a stronger presence on the battlefield by capitalizing on his formidable damaging abilities. Based on the data we’ve collected, we don’t think Rath is far off from being in a good position and is very close to our vision of him as an aggressive assassin and damage dealer. While these numbers don’t look like much of an adjustment, they represent a 25% increase to the lifesteal generated by his un-augmented Genetic Syphon. We believe this change will allow Rath to narrow the gap with his competition without making him an immortal vampiric monstrosity.
- Increased the construction cost of MX.Elite Bot buildables in Meltdown and Incursion from 600 to 800 shards.
MX.Elite Bots are an integral part of Incursion and are even more vital in Meltdown. While MX.Elite Bots are intended to be important to each mode, their construction cost does not currently reflect that value. Therefore, we’ve increased the cost to require more of a commitment from teams or players that plan on building MX.Elite bots frequently.
June 15, 2017
Character Rotation and Marketplace Changes
- New Rotation: Ambra, Toby, Thorn, Oscar Mike, Phoebe, Montana
- Next week’s rotation (Week 3): Kid Ultra, Kelvin, Orendi, Oscar Mike, Rath, Reyna
- New bundles are on sale in the in-game marketplace to coincide with this weeks’ free character rotation!
Addition of the “All Operations” Queue
- Join this queue to match with other players and play any of the five operation missions available to you! Players will be able to vote on their choice from three operations at a time.
- You must own the Season Pass or all five Operation Missions in order to match into this queue.
- Operations Required to enter the “All Operations” queue: Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion, Toby’s Friendship Raid, Oscar Mike vs. the Battle School, Montana and the Demon Bear, Phoebe and the Heart of Ekkunar
Faction Kill Challenges Fix
- We’ve fixed an issue that prevented bot versions of Deande, El Dragón, Ernest, and Pendles from counting towards faction kill challenges.
Voting Returns to Quick Match Queue on PC
- PC only: Voting has been enabled in the Quick Match queue. More on this below from Creative Director Randy Varnell:
As always, we are watching how players are playing Battleborn and listening to your feedback! With that, we have some minor queue adjustments this week for PC players, with changes next week for players on all platforms including the addition of our new competitive mode, Supercharge!
Our intent with the current queue configuration is for Quick Match to be the place where players have a chance to play any Battleborn mode. Incursion, our most popular and competitive mode, is featured in Versus Draft, and we hoped that serious players or Incursion devotees would head to Versus Draft and compete there. Voting has been disabled in Quick Match to encourage those who favor Incursion-only matching to head to Versus Draft and play there, and (likewise) to keep Quick Match from simply turning into an “all Incursion, all the time” queue.
For Xbox and PS4, that has been happening regularly. We still encourage serious Incursion players or 5-man experienced teams to head to Versus Draft for closer matches. On PC, not enough Versus Draft matches are being played to provide the experience we are intending. So, this week, we will be enabling voting on Quick Match for PC players to offer some additional choice to you while we give Versus Draft a bit more time to settle.
We will be watching player habits and feedback closely, and will adjust course accordingly.