During the “Inside Gearbox Panel” at Pax West 2016 Gearbox Software showed off the upcoming story operation (dlc) “Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion” for Battleborn. The Creative Director and one of the Producers of Battleborn talk us through a small segment of this mission. Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion downloadable content is going to be release on Oct 13th 2016. Also the team talks a bit about the next free dlc hero, Kid Ultra, who he is and where he comes form.
Erika – Host, PR & Marketing
Chris – Producer
Randy – Creative Director
- Operation points are a new scoring system which make the reward tiers higher as you complete missions more – while also increasing more of the enemy spawn difficulties.
- DLC are different chapters of a story mission – each operation is referred to as a “season” with the various different parts being episodes depending on operation points.
- DLC will be broken into Main and sub objectives – such as start the rebellion and summon more battleborn (main) sub objectives also earn Operation points (build turrets, destroy turrets, kill x number of thralls etc)
- Each time you can earn 50 Ops points and get more rewards loot wise at the end. Each 50 ops points earn you a new skin for the battleborn you play.
- There’s even more skins at 85 operation points which require a second playthrough at least.
- Kid Ultra is a Magnus stuck in a comic book theme’d mindset.
- He was called Sidekick in development.
- His passive causes him to do bonus damage if he is the second to hit someone.
- OSCAR MIKE’s Battleschool, Montana and the Demonic Bear, The Heart of Ekkunar (featuring phoebe) are the other story operations.
SHIFT CODE: 9CKJT-XWX6F-K5KTZ-X5RJT-B3H5B
(10.000 credits + 6 loot packs)