Borderlands 3 Optimization Settings
Some players are coping with borderlands 3 performance issues. While their gaming rig is adequate compared to the recommended PC specification, their PC is still struggling. Luckily Borderlands 3 has a lot of visual customization options that you can tweak. However, the setting that most PC’s seem to struggle with is the VolumetricFog. By dialing this one down you can easily gain a lot of performance.
Borderlands 3 PC Specs
According to Gearbox Software and 2K Games, these are the recommended specs for 1440p gaming
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 (latest service pack)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600 or Intel i7-4770
- Memory: 16GB RAM
- Graphics card: AMD Radeon™ RX 590 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
- HDD: 75 GB
Here you can find the complete overview of the Borderlands 3 PC Specs.
Borderlands 3 Recommended PC Settings
Hardware Unboxed did a complete analysis of the impact of all the performance settings. They did run the game on DirectX11 instead of DirectX12 since that one is still in beta form. For their rig, DirectX11 performed better overall than DirectX12.
- HUB Quality: Best visual quality settings with a few dials turned down that don’t noteworthy impact the visual presentation and to maximize performance.
- HUB Performance: Need a bit more frames for a fluid experience? These settings will give you the most performance while keeping a good looking game.
Borderlands 3 Performance Patch
Gearbox Software and 2K Games have heard your feedback and are monitoring Reddit, their Forums, and social media for what you have to say. They are working on the next patch and will share more details about that soon.