In Battleborn you are able to level up and earn credits or gear by simply playing the game. With the winter update Gearbox not just added a ton of improvements and content to the game, they also changed the rewards for playing the game. The development team have balanced out the rewards between PvE and PvP. Because players felt that they were forced to play the story mode for their gear that they needed in the competitive multiplayer. This should be more balanced now, but for those who can’t get enough of sweet loot or want to level up faster, there are some Booster Packs available in the Battleborn Marketplace. You are able to buy Loot boosters, XP Boosters, and a VIP Pass with platinum coins. But what exactly do these boosters do and how do these work?
First, you have to get some platinum, you can do this by buying some in the store/marketplace or earning some through completing daily challenges. Once a booster is purchased it will show up on the inventory screen at the bottom. Previously the booster would take effect as soon as you bought it. Now you first need to activate it. Once its activated an icon will show up on the top of the screen.
Loot boosters provide the same benefits in PvE or PvP. Everyone in your team will profit from this boost. You will at least get one bonus common pack every match you play. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose. If more people have a loot booster equipped the benefits will stack. So if you WIN the match (PvP or PvE) and
- 1 teammate is running a loot booster:
Everyone on the team gets a bonus Core Pack.
- 2 teammates are running the loot booster:
Everyone on the team gets a Core Pack and a Random Faction Pack.
- 3 teammates are running the loot booster:
Everyone on the team gets an Epic Pack and a Random Faction Pack.
- 4 teammates are running the loot booster:
Everyone on the team gets 1 Core Pack, 1 Epic Pack, 1 Random Faction Pack.
- 5 teammates are running the loot booster:
Everyone on the team gets 1 Core Pack, 1 Epic Pack, and 1 Legendary Pack or Random Commander Faction pack.
The Double XP booster was something that was already available but now also has a stacking reward. It gives a flat XP bonuses of +100XP and +20 Char XP per player running them (up to +500 / +100). That’s on top of the normal 100% base exp shared with the team (that does not stack). Based on the current average hourly rates of XP, that means a 5 stack of XP boosters will essentially give you near Triple XP.
By the way…did we ever mention that when you’re running a XP or Loot Booster your character gets a cool arm band on the model in-game?
The Badass pass is for all Free Trial users. This consumable will unlock 14 characters for 24 hours so a free trial player can get into the draft mode.
The VIP Pass basically unlocks everything in the game. You and everyone in your party will have access to all the battleborn heroes that includes the DLC characters and their skins, taunt & mutations. The VIP Pass lasts for 24 hours after that all the content that you haven’t unlocked will be locked again.
Want a way to celebrate each competitive KO with a bang? Finishers let you do just that! Finishers are purchased boosts which will add special FX to a player kill anytime you secure the KO. Pick up a Finisher today and celebrate the sweet taste of victory!
- Fireworks Finisher: Replaces the player kill beam visual FX with a flashy fireworks display!
- Something Fishy Finisher: Replaces the player kill beam visual FX with a pile of rotten fish, now with extra-taunt flavor!
- Dance Off Finisher: Replaces the player kill beam visual FX with a sparkling disco ball, as you dance your way to the top!
- “I Heart” Finisher: Replace the player kill beam visual FX with hearts, smiles, and flowers as you send your love to your defeated foe!
- Sugar Rush Finisher: Replace the player kill beam visual FX with a pole of sweet candy raining from the sky when you defeat an enemy.
- Garbage Dump Finisher: Replace the player kill beam visual FX with a garbage drop. So take out the trash by KO-ing enemies.
- Darkening Finisher: Replace the player kill beam visual FX with a Varelsi portal and turn out their lights.
- Gray Skies Finisher: Replace the player kill beam visual FX with a sad cloud.
Activating multiple boosters will add time to the counter if that specific booster is already active. Finishers also stack time when you activated one, but only the effect of the last activated Finishers will be visible in-game.