Children of the Vault
Besides the corporations trying to take control, there is a new thread in the galaxy. The ‘Children of the Vault’ is a religious cult run by the Calypso Twins. This duo united all the bandits throughout the galaxy to claim the Vaults for themselves.
At the start of Borderlands 3, you can choose between 4 different playable characters, each with their own unique abilities and play styles.
Moze the Gunner has a giant mech called Iron Bear. She can equip it with 2 weapons to combat her enemies. Iron Bear can be outfitted with mini-guns, grenade launchers, laser guns, rocket pods, flamethrowers, or just big arms that pack a punch.
Zane the Operative has several gadgets at his disposal. He can use a Barrier Shield, SNTNL Drone, and a holographic Digi-Clone in combat.
Amara the Siren can deal devastating elemental damage. She can lock enemies in place with her PhaseGrasp, Shoot out energy projections of herself with her PhaseCast, or wreck her opponents with a PhaseSlam.
FL4K the Beastmaster always brings a companion along. They are a Skag, Spiderant, or a Jabber. FL4K can supercharge them, can become invisible, or let a pack of Rakk attack their enemies.
Each Vault Hunter has 3 skill trees that they can spec into and customize their play style. You can earn new passive skills that boost your abilities or augment your action skill.
All the weapon manufacturers from previous games have returned and they have a giant arsenal of weapons for you. So if you haven’t looted an awesome gun from a dead corps you can always check-in at Marcus Munitions to get you one. Marcus also sells you storage deck upgrades this time around.
- Toss your gun like a grenade to reload, then watch it pursue a nearby enemy as a fully loaded version digi-structs in your hand.
- Aim down the sights to take cover behind your weapon-mounted shield and keep your finger on the trigger for increased accuracy.
- Toggle between two elements, charge your weapon, and deal guaranteed elemental damage with your finger glued to the trigger.
- Toggle between alternate fire modes depending on your play style, your predicament, and your predilection for bonus damage.
- Deliver devastating critical hits to enemies’ soft-and-sensitives, then joy-puke as your bullets ricochet towards other targets.
- Augment these rapid-firing, ammo-hungry guns with under-barrel attachments including tasers, rocket tubes, and additional gun barrels.
- Step 1: Hit your enemies with tracker tags. Step 2: Unleash a hail of Smart Bullets that track towards your targets. Step 3: Loot!
- Switch between regular and sticky-projectile fire modes. Stickies do more damage if a bunch of them detonate on the same target.
- Enjoy uninterrupted damage-dealing courtesy of “infinite” ammo magazines, occasionally interrupted by unpredictable overheating.
Throughout Borderlands 3 you will travel to various planets.
- Pandora is known for its desert wasteland
- Promethea is known for its neon city
- Eden-6 is known of its swamps
- Athenas is known for its beauty
Vehicle combat is back and your arsenal is bigger and better than ever. At the ‘Catch-A-Ride’ stations you can customize your vehicles with a ton of part.