Gearbox Software and 2K Games will launch a twitch extension alongside Borderlands 3 that will not only provide you with info about the streamers’ loadout and build but also gives you a chance to earn free loot.
Instead of you needing to ask which weapons the player is using, you can now check out their backpack and see what they have and inspect them for yourself.
You will also be able to see which skills in the skill trees they invested in. This way you get a live demonstration and see how effective that loadout is.
Another cool thing is that you have the chance to earn free loot during your watch session. During the game, you and the streamer will encounter a rare chest. These give you a chance to also earn loot.
The twitch extension will be available during the Borderlands 3 gameplay reveal event. So if you link your Twitch account to the Borderlands Vault Insider Program you can take advantage of all the benefits.
It’s cool to see that my buddy lowlines helpt develop this. I knew he always wanted to make a twitch extension but I didn’t know he would be making the official Borderlands 3 extension, that’s badass. The art assets for the app are done by Seung Kim.
How to install and use the Twitch extension
- The first thing you need to do is sign up for a SHiFT account. These are totally free to set up and are also important for using Borderlands 3 Shift codes so it’s worth signing up for if you plan on playing the game when it releases.
- Secondly, you’ll need a Twitch account. Note: this doesn’t need to be a Twitch Prime account so this is also free.
- Now you just need to link the two. Head to your SHiFT profile page and click on the Twitch logo. There’ll be a set of instructions to follow that are easy enough to complete. It’s also one of the tasks for the VIP program that will earn you 750 points.
- With that done, all you need to do is go watch one of your favorite Borderlands 3 streamers – make sure you’re watching on theatre view or fullscreen – and provided they have the ECHOcast extension on, you should get the prompt to grab the extension yourself.
- Look for the Vault logo on the stream to toggle ECHOcast.
- When it’s active, you just need to watch the stream, and when the streamer opens a rare loot chest it will activate an event on the stream. Once the streamer opens a rare chest you have only 30 seconds to opt into the event.
- If you’re one of the winners, the extension will notify you and give you 30 seconds to choose which of the items from the chest you’d like to receive. That item will automatically be added to your Twitch-linked SHiFT account so that you can claim it from your in-game mailbox.
- All loot is scaled to your level when you retrieve it from your in-game mailbox.