Continue your Borderlands 3 adventure with the Season Pass, featuring exclusive cosmetic items and four story campaign add-ons with new missions and challenges! This content is included with the purchase of the Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition and Borderlands 3 Collector’s Edition. All Season Pass DLC will be available by September 2020.
Borderlands 3 Season Pass Content:
• 4 campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions, challenges, and loot.
• Butt Stallion weapon skin
• Butt Stallion weapon trinket
• Butt Stallion grenade mod
Do you want to learn more cosmetic items?
Borderlands 3 Season Pass Price
The Borderlands 3 Season Pass is priced at $49,99. For this price, you get 4 Story Campaign add-ons, which each are being sold separately for $14.99. So if you would purchase all 4 story campaign add-ons then your best buy would be the Season Pass. Because 4×14.99 = $59.96 You would roughly save $10 if you purchased the season pass. So if you bought the Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition before launch you even got a better deal. That version of the game had a $20 discount on pre-order.
Should I Buy the Borderlands 3 Season Pass?
The Season pass is included in some versions of the game. If you have the ‘Collector’s Edition’ or the ‘Super Deluxe Edition’ then you already have the season pass. If you have the ‘Deluxe Edition’ or the ‘Standard Edition’ you will need to pick up the season pass separately.
Is the Borderlands 3 Season Pass worth it?
At the moment of writing the content isn’t out yet and you can only really judge by playing the content itself. It is always hard to judge if things are worth it because we all add different values to digital content. Personally, I don’t add much value to cosmetic items. I know there are people that go crazy on these kinds of things but isn’t something that would pull me in. However, additional story campaigns carry more weight for me. Looking back at previous Gearbox games, they always have done an excellent job of delivering great story DLC. I really enjoyed playing the additional story campaigns in Borderlands 2 and Battleborn. They all delivered different experiences, you may favor some over the other. That said I think GBX has a good track record and would trust them to deliver an enjoyable experience.
- UPDATE AFTER PLAYING DLC1
- I enjoyed Moxxi’s Heist on Handsome Jackpot. If this is the quality bar of all the Borderlands 3 story campaign add-ons then I think we are in for a treat and it would justify the cost.
- UPDATE AFTER PLAYING DLC2
- The Guns, Love, and Tentacles DLC does exceed the Moxxi’s Heist on the Handsome Jackpot DLC in my opinion. I really like the vibe of this second story campaign add-on. Definitely worth it and I’m looking forward to the next DLC.
- UPDATE AFTER PLAYING DLC3
- With Bounty of Blood it’s noticeable that GBX listened to the community feedback while pushing the franchise forward. Personally, I have less with the Western vibe and prefer the Lovecraft of DLC2. That said, I think GBX delivers an enjoyable story campaign.
Story Campaign Add-ons Reviews
- Moxxi’s Heist on Handsome Jack Pot Review
- Guns, Love, and Tentacles: The Marriage of Wainwright & Hammerlock
- Bounty of Blood: A Fistful of Redemption
- Story Campaign DLC 4 Review Coming Soonish…
Purchase Borderlands 3 Season Pass
The Borderlands 3 season pass is up for sale. I have linked the digital stores down below. You can also purchase the Super Deluxe version of Borderlands 3 as it has the Season Pass included. For more the latest details you can check out the official Borderlands website.
DLC Release Schedule
With the Season Pass, you will be getting 4 story DLCs and some Cosmetic items. You will get access to the Butt Stallion Pack at the release of the game. The other content will all be delivered before September 2020. This means that over the course of a year, since Borderlands 3 releases in September 2019, you will be getting 4 content packs. This basically could mean that each quarter you will be getting new content to play. Looking back at previous Gearbox Games games this might not be completely guaranteed. Because we have seen that the first few addon packs followed each other a bit sooner after each other and the final one usually takes some more time. That said, everyone enjoyed Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep.
Check out the Borderlands 3 Roadmap for all the upcoming additional content that is coming to the game.