Due to an unforseen issue, some players haven’t been able to claim their Broken Hearts Day weapons. Therefore, Gearbox Software pushed an update that changes the event a little bit. You are now abe to get the ‘Broken Hearts Day’ weapons from the Golden Loot Hearts. These weapons will scale to your character’s current level. To make sure everyone is able to get these limited time legendary weapons, Gearbox also increased the chance to encounter Loot Hearts in-game.
If you haven’t redeemed your rewards from the event screen just yet, you can do that now. The items will be redeemed at your current level.
While Gearbox couldn’t fix the main issue within the timespan of this event. An upcoming patch should resolve the issue for future events. Therefore, they chose to implement this so they can reward you for playing the game. This update would have been deployed last week, however, Texas (location of the Devs & Studio) has been dealing with massive power outage recently. That’s why things took a bit longer than they wanted.
Happy Looting Vault Hunter. Now go and get that perfect Wedding Invitation.
Broken Hearts Day Returns
During the Borderlands Show, Gearbox Software and 2K Games announced that the ‘Borken Hearts Day’ will return to Borderlands 3 this year. This seasonal event will start on February 11 and will last till February 25.
It’s a Valentine’s day themed event and it’s all about breaking hearts. Because throughout the game you will come across various floating hearts. Breaking these hearts will provide you with various rewards. Unlike the Bloody Harvest event, these hearts won’t attack you, instead, when you break them they will provide you with various rewards.
There are a few different types of hearts floating through the game. Breaking them will trigger certain things in the game world.
- BROLOVE: Are you ready for the power of love because this heart will buff your (team’s) damage output.
- THE BIG MUSCLE: Want a lovely relationship this heart will temporarily turn an enemy into an ally.
- LOOTY BOI: Having a heart of gold is always good, definitely this one as it drops loot with a chance of a legendary item.
- DURNING DESIRE: Are you ready to give someone a heart attack because this heart will drop on the ground and creates a big explosion.
- SIZZLING LOVERS: No one wants a toxic relationship but maybe you do as this heart creates a corrosive explosion.
- WRONGEVENTERROR0285743: This haunted relationship reminds you of previous events, as this heart will spawn 3 Ghost Skulls.
Breaking the ‘WRONGEVENTERROR0285743’ heart will spawn multiple flying skulls. These will attack you and can apply the Terror effect to you. You have a chance of encountering golden skulls. These bad boys also drop loot and have a chance of dropping legendary items like the Fearmonger or the Stalker.
Maurice on Sanctuary 3 will keep track of the number of hearts that you have broken. If you break enough hearts you can earn various rewards. There are 5 items to collect, including recolors of last year’s cosmetic rewards and two Legendary weapons that can only be unlocked during this event. So go out there and break some hearts because you want that max level Wedding Invitation!
10 – “ECHOcardiogram” ECHO Skin
25 – “Cosmic Romance” Weapon Trinket
50 – “Terminal Polyaimorous” Legendary Maliwan SMG
75 – “Heartbreaker” Vault Hunter Skin
100 – “Wedding Invitation” Legendary Jakobs Sniper Rifle