Broken Hearts Day is a seasonal event in Borderlands 3. This Valentine’s Day-themed event is all about breaking hearts. Because when this event is live, you will see various floating hearts hovering above your enemies. It’s up to you to break these hearts.
The Broken Hearts Day event was introduced in 2000 and returned in 2001. With the big summer 2021 update, Gearbox Software made it so that you can activate the event yourself from the main menu. This way you don’t have to wait till February to play the Broken Hearts Day event and claim its rewards.
Table of contents
The Various Hearts Types
There are a few different types of hearts floating through the game. Breaking them will trigger certain things in the game world.
- BROLOVE: Are you ready for the power of love because this heart will buff your (team’s) damage output.
- THE BIG MUSCLE: Want a lovely relationship this heart will temporarily turn an enemy into an ally.
- LOOTY BOI: Having a heart of gold is always good, definitely this one as it drops loot with a chance of a legendary item. The Wedding Invitation and Polyaimourous are in the drop pool for Loot Hearts.
- DURNING DESIRE: Are you ready to give someone a heart attack because this heart will drop on the ground and creates a big explosion.
- SIZZLING LOVERS: No one wants a toxic relationship but maybe you do as this heart creates a corrosive explosion.
- WRONGEVENTERROR0285743: This haunted relationship reminds you of previous events, as this heart will spawn 3 Ghost Skulls.
Breaking the ‘WRONGEVENTERROR0285743’ hearts will spawn multiple flying skulls. Just like in the Bloody Harvest Event, these skulls will attack you and can apply the Terror effect to you. there is a chance that you will encounter golden skulls. These bad boys will drop loot and have a chance of dropping legendary items like the Fearmonger or the Stalker from the Bloody Harvest Event.
Maurice on Sanctuary 3 will keep track of the number of hearts that you have broken. If you break enough hearts you can earn various rewards. There are 5 items to collect, including recolors of last year’s cosmetic rewards and two Legendary weapons that can only be unlocked during this event.
10 – “ECHOcardiogram” ECHO Skin
25 – “Cosmic Romance” Weapon Trinket
50 – “Terminal Polyaimorous” Legendary Maliwan SMG
75 – “Heartbreaker” Vault Hunter Skin
100 – “Wedding Invitation” Legendary Jakobs Sniper Rifle