Greetings, Vault Hunters! In this episode of Echoes From The Borderlands, we are talking about what’s beyond the Borderlands! Joel Watson brings the season to a close by chatting with guests Randy Pitchford, Randy Varnell, and Matt Ward.
- Joel Watson – Creative Producer
- Randy Pitchford – Founder Gearbox Entertainment
- Randy Varnell – President GBX Properties
- Matt Ward – Director, Cinema & Cinematics Dept.
Hidden Morse Code
- “Til all are one” – Transformers
- “Quotes are not the win if you missed the real treasures within”
- “An exact duplicate of you only not as loud” – The Last Starfighter
- “If you’ve come this far, maybe you’re willing to come a little further” – Shawshank Redemption
- “Setec Astronomy” – Sneakers
- “Entertain the world” – GBX Motto
- 00:00 – Intro
- 01:20 – Where does the Borderlands go from here?
- 02:20 – Randy P: Are you still the one pushing the franchise?
- 05:10 – What’s the ratio of things you have done and wanted to do?
- 07:20 – Randy V, how did you get started at GBX?
- 12:50 – Matt how did you experience the latest Borderlands release?
- 17:41 – How do you prevent stagnation?
- 19:55 – The crazy setup that’s Sanctuary 3
- 21:05 – What dictates the expansion of the Borderlands?
- 23:40 – Is a fully expanded universe the ultimate goal?
- 27:22 – Lilith is not dead
- 29:37 – Pandora’s Box Advert
- 30:32 – With Borderlands we opened Pandora’s Box why would we close it?
- 31:25 – How did Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands come to be?
- 32:18 – Matt you worked on TTWL
- 37:22 -When did a feature film become a goal for Borderlands?
- 43:00 – The World of Borderlands Encyclopedia
- 43:30 – How do we manage all our endeavors?
- 49:05 – Lore Master?
- 52:30 – Genvid Echovision
- 53:10 – Why a cinematic department?
- 58:08 – Borderlands on Broadway
- 58:30 – The Future?
- 1:01:00 – Marcus impression
- Randy Varnell <3
- Matt Ward has an impressive CV
- A lot of awesome info drops throughout the Podcast.
- Always great to see these passionate people talk about their craft.
- 39:30 – Interesting to hear GBX rendered CGI and did pre-visualization for the Borderlands Movie. Kinda makes me wonder if we will see a Borderlands animated series in the future.
- 52:30 – Note: Echocast is the Borderlands 3 Twitch extension, Echovision is the upcoming Massively Interactive Live Event series.
- 1:04:00 – Future Seasons, yes please!
Behind the Scene Heroes:
- April Johnson
- Dakota Warren
- Robert Fernandez
- Hannah Terry