Greetings, Vault Hunters! In this episode of Echoes From The Borderlands, we are talking about CHOICES, and how the choices we make have a lasting effect on the outcome of future events AND our interactions with NPCs! Let’s dive into Tales from the Borderlands with Host Joel Watson, Writer Anthony Burch, and Managing Director of Narrative Dr. Lin Joyce!
- Joel Watson – Creative Producer
- Anthony Burch – Writer
- Dr. Lin Joyce – Managing Director of Narrative
Hidden Morse Code
- “I drink your Milkshake” – There will be blood
- “No Matter Where you go, there you are” – Buckaroo Banzai
- 00:00 – Intro
- 01:14 – Is Borderlands driven by action or story?
- 03:20 – Is Borderlands unique in its story which led to Tales?
- 04:30 – Were there characters you wanted to spend more time on?
- 07:05 – Have you experienced the old narrative games?
- 10:25 – What kind of experience do players get with a Tales game?
- 14:30 – How do you write the Borderlands Multiverse?
- 17:40 – Do you have to kill fewer darlings with these multiple branches?
- 19:00 – If you have a favorite path, do you have to beef up others?
- 20:20 – How does Rhys fit into the Borderlands Universe?
- 21:30 – Are Fiona’s goals different from Rhys’s?
- 22:20 – What’s the dynamic between Fiona, Sasha, and Felix?
- 24:50 – How does Gortys fit in?
- 25:40 – Tell us about “The Mystery Vault Hunter”
- 26:25 – Pandora’s Box Advert
- 27:02 – Let’s talk about bringing back Handsome Jack
- 32:00 – Can AI Jack come back?
- 34:20 – What is a Vault Hunter?
- 38:40 – What made Fran great for New Tales?
- 44:44 – Can we talk about the character arc of Lor?
- 48:25 – How do you tackle real-world problems in the Borderlands Universe?
- 50:10 – New Tales has 5 different endings based on the group’s friendship
- 52:40 – Book Borderlands Dept or Alive
- 57:30 – Trivia
- Anthony mentions Tales From The Borderlands Tales Season One, was it ever defined as Season 1 or am I looking for Season 2?
- 24:50 – About Gortys “Let’s do Claptrap but make him likable” LOL
- 32:00 – Interesting to hear that if Anthony wrote the Borderlands’ canon, AI Jack was destroyed in Tales From The Borderlands. Personally, I think you could still do some fun stuff with AI Jack but as Anthony mentions “Borderlands is more than just Handsome Jack”.
- 44:25 – Borderlands fans were questioning if Anthony really was a writer on New Tales From The Borderlands. We know he worked on Borderlands 2, The Pre-Sequel, and Tales From the Borderlands but had left the company during the Battleborn era. Fans noticed Anthony’s name in the credits of New Tales but it wasn’t officially known that Anthony was back at the job. Now we finally learn that Anthony wrote Fran in New Tales.
- I’ll Press A
Behind the Scene Heroes:
- April Johnson
- Dakota Warren
- Robert Fernandez
- Hannah Terry