Turtle Rock Studios has heard your feedback and they are acting on it. Next week there will be an update that will address the matchmaking and the leavers. These are just the first steps to improving Evolve, check out the Evolve Roadmap.
These are not our final solutions for any leaver or matchmaking issues but just our first steps towards improving matchmaking.It’ll be a continued process as we move through future updates but we appreciate any and all feedback we’re getting on the current Matchmaking system.Development team
- General Matchmaking now searches by skill, not by profile rank.
- Previously in Hunt matchmaking, it would be based on the account level and match-make players around that level.
- Now the system will use a hidden skill rating (this has been active since launch) to help ensure better matches for all players.
- Games will not start unless 5 players are present at the end of Character Select
- We often saw and ran into players who would leave on the Character Select screen, so instead of having to leave to find a new lobby the matchmaking system now does this automatically.
- The goal here is to make sure games are started without bots and ensure the best user experience for a Hunt match is attained through our matchmaking system.
- Steam now displays the most recent players from matchmaking
- We found it pretty difficult to find friends while playing Evolve, so this is the first of many features to help players find friends and recent players between rounds.
- Win-Streaks are now taken away ONLY if a player leaves during a match
- We’ve removed both the prompts from the pre and post-round. Community feedback was clear this wasn’t the right direction.
- If all 4 Hunters leave, Monsters are now awarded the win.
- Previously the match would just end right away with no winner or Silver Key gains.
- Monsters will now receive proper amounts of Silver Keys and XP when all four Hunters leave during a game in progress.
- Bonus Silver Keys for selecting no Preference in Role Selection
- To reward players who are the jack of all trades, you’ll receive a Silver Key bonus for going into matchmaking with no preference selected.
- Bonus Silver Keys for playing a match if you don’t get your #1 preferred role
- Sometimes players will get thrown into a non-preferred role before a Hunt match often resulting in the player leaving.
- To help with this, one of our first steps is giving players who play a non-preferred role extra Silver Keys after completing a match.