MAYHEM AWAITS, BRING FRIENDS!
Get ready to play some Battleborn as Gearbox Software & 2K Games just announced the details about there upcoming badass open beta. Play the story mode and competitive multiplayer mode. Experience the natural progression of the game as you rank up and unlock new heroes, skins, taunts, Helix mutations, and more. The Open Beta will be coming to all platforms PS4, XBox One and Windows PC and is available worldwide. The Beta starts on April 13th up to April 18th, but PS4 owners get an exclusive 5-day head start, starting on April 8th.
There is no NDA so you can record or stream the game. Tweet at @Battleborn if you go live and they might just give you a shout out.
After the Closed Technical Test has undergone a lot of changes. So for those who have played it i compared the old helix skill trees to more recent versions. So if you want some more details on that check out the change log.
Don’t know which character to start with check out the hero profile pages for character details, skill tree, game videos.
Character Introduction Trailer
PRE-LOAD DATE: 5pm PST (12am UTC)
APPROXIMATE DOWNLOAD SIZE: 8.5GB
PS PLUS: PS Plus is not required to participate in Open Beta.
PS4 BETA PLAYERS: As a thank you to PS4 players who participate in the Open Beta, they will receive the first Battleborn DLC Pack 1 and instant access to Alani upon release. In addition, PS4 players will have access to the Battleborn hero, Toby, during the Open Beta.
PRE-LOAD DATE: 5pm PST (12am UTC)
APPROXIMATE DOWNLOAD SIZE: 11GB
XBOX LIVE: Xbox Live Gold members will have access to all Story and Competitive Modes in the Open Beta. Xbox Live Silver members will be able to play private Story Mode episodes and private Competitive Modes, but will not have access to public matchmaking features.
PRE-LOAD DATE: 10 am PST (5pm UTC)
APPROXIMATE DOWNLOAD SIZE: 12GB
PC MINIMUM SPEC:
Two story mode mission will be available during the Open Beta. The Algorithm & Void’s Edge can be played in solo, two player splitscreen (consoles) or co-op with up to 5 players online.
- The Algorithm: Take on The Algorithm mission to debug and unlock the rogue Magnus AI, ISIC. If you played in the Closed Technical Test last year, you’ll notice Geoff, the Spider King, has made a few changes to his lair.
- Void’s Edge: Bring a jacket, ‘cause the ice-planet, Bliss, is mighty cold. A Varelsi portal has opened and it’s up to you to fight your way through the invasion and deliver the payload.
Challenge other players to duke it out in two Competitive Multiplayer modes: Incursion and Meltdown.
- Incursion: (Overgrowth map) Destroy the enemy’s two Spider Sentry Drones before they get to yours.
- Meltdown: (Paradise map) Send waves of minions to their death and score points for every minion who throws themselves into the incinerator. The team with the most scrap metal wins!
The Magnus known as MINREC demands sacrifices in Meltdown Mode! Earn Appeasement Points by escorting herds of minions to MINREC’s altars. The first team to reach 500 points wins.
Meltdown Mode Tips
- Owning the supply buildable near the big minion spawn is a big key to controlling the match.
- Maintain the logistics buildables at the choke points on your team’s end of each lane. They can make the difference between an organized retreat and a team wipe!
- The large shard clusers spawn every two minutes. Make sure you own those areas so you can control the map. More shards = more buildables!
- Just because the enemy team beat you to the halfway mark doesn’t mean the match is a lost cause! The opposing team’s chomper/altar locations will move further back, making it much harder for them to score and easier for your team to catch up.
- Minion waves spawn once per minute. Keep track of the match timer and it will give you an edge on hitting the other team’s minions before they can respond.
CHARACTER RANK AND COMMAND RANK
During the beta, you’ll be able to earn experience towards heroes’ Character Rank and your player Commander Rank. You will experience the natural progression of the game as you rank up and unlock new heroes, skins, taunts, Helix mutations, and more during the Battleborn Open Beta. Your progress in the Open Beta will not carry over to the retail game.
LOOT AND GEAR
Gear up your Battleborn by opening loot packs! Pick up loot packs in Story Missions or purchase them using credits earned by playing Story Missions or Competitive Multiplayer matches. The contents of a loot pack is random and unique to each player, but when one player picks up a loot pack, each party member gets one as well – so no need to fight your team over them!
You can open loot packs and build your gear loadouts by opening the COMMAND menu from the Main Menu. For any questions about gear check out the Gear FAQ.