The Marriage of Wainwright & Hammerlock DLC
On PAX East, Gearbox Software announced the second DLC for Borderlands 3. You can play Guns, Love, and Tentacles: The Marriage of Wainwright & Hammerlock on March 26, 2020. If you finished the main story you might have seen the art in the credits that Hammerlock proposed to Wainwright.
In this DLC we get the confirmation that Sir Alistair Hammerlock and Wainwright Jakobs are finally tying the knot. And to celebrate that they invite you to the ice planet of Xylourgos. However, things go bad and you have to secure that happily ever after.
Luckily, you won’t be alone in this challenge as the most badass wedding planner in the galaxy has your back. Because Gaige and Deathtrap from Borderlands 2 are BACK !!! She is a fugitive Vault Hunter and is inseparable from her BFF robot. With all the robots on Promethea which have a similar design as Deathtrap, I expected her to make a return.
The DLC will revolve around the town of Cursehaven – where you’ve all agreed to meet – which is located beneath the colossal carcass of a fallen Vault Monster. A band of creepy occultists who worship the Vault Monster’s carcass are hellbent on breaking up the betrothed partners.
To gain access to the 2nd DLC you have to be Level 13 and completed the Pandora Prologue. So once you reached Sanctuary 3, you are good to go.
DLC 2 Features
- Reunite with old friends and team up with some eerie new characters to help true love triumph over eldritch horror;
- Confront bloodthirsty enemies and formidable bosses, including alien beasts, hideously mutated occultists, and a clan of cold-blooded bandits;
- Delve into the disturbing and occasionally daft backstories of cursed townfolk in a host of spine-tingling side missions;
- Arm your Vault Hunter with some of the deadliest gear in the galaxy, including a trove of additional Legendaries and some supremely powerful Class Mods; and,
- Flaunt your sense of style with a slew of new cosmetic items, from Vault Hunter Heads & Skins to interactive Room Decorations and all-new Vehicle Skins.
The updated look for Gaige (the Mechromancer) looks great. Hearing Leigh Kuehn, the voice actress, on stage during the PAX East panel was awesome! I’m looking forward to this DLC!!! This is going to be one creepy love story!
i can’t f*ing wait 🙂