HAPPY NEW YEAR AND BEST WISHES FOR 2023!
Welcome to the year and another Channel Update. In these blogs, I want to give you an update on what has been going on in my life and on the website as I strive to create a kickass resource for you.
This time we are going to look back at the last month, I’ll save my long looking back at 2022 for another article to keep this one short and snappy.
I’m doing well, got a bit sick after we celebrated the 60 Years of Marriage of my Grandparents. It was a stomach flu and because I wasn’t the only one, I expect there was something at the restaurant that wasn’t all good. That said, it was nice to see the family that lives on the other side of the country.
We celebrated Saint Nicholas here in Holland. Kinda a Dutch version of Santa. Good food and gifts. Because my youngest son isn’t fully aware of how things work regarding that holiday, my wife planned out a Saint Nicholas Themed Escape Room in our house. We needed to solve puzzles in each room to get a clue or a keycode to enter the next room. Eventually, you figure out where the gifts are hidden and the access code for the door. Which was a fun experience but next year is probably going to be more traditional.
Xmas was a bit low-key because my dad had to go to the hospital and was recovering during the holidays. The surgery went alright but now we have to wait for his recovery.
We spend New Year’s Eve with my parents-in-law. Played some board games. My youngest son didn’t want to sleep a few hours before the main event, so of course he fell asleep 45 minutes before all the fireworks went off and missed the whole thing. LOL
We reached the 50 Million Milestone in December! Thank you so much for visiting the site, it really means a lot!
I’m going to write my 2023 New Year’s Resolution, so be on the lookout for that. There is a lot of stuff I want to do, in order to level up this site!
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
- I added guides for all the Bosses and Obelisk Mini-Bosses to the site.
- I created pages for all the Wonderlands Locations. You can find info about each location and there are links to related guides on each page.
- There was a MIMIC Room in the Special Holiday Featured Run and I noticed questions about Immune MIMICs, therefore, I added a MIMIC Guide on how you can deal with them.
- Everyone always wants the best weapons, so I started adding guides for Best Pistols, Best Shotguns, and Best SMGs in Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands. The other weapon types will follow soon.
- Gearbox’s Audio Lead did a great presentation about the Audio Design in Wonderlands, therefore, I did a breakdown of his presentation.
- Everyone wants more End Game in Wonderlands and I thought that Vault Cards can add a nice layer to the game.
- Minor Tweaks to multiple pages to improve context.
- I supported Harfmil’s Putt Putt Challenge. Always great to see these community events!
- I noticed that I still needed to write a Borderlands 3 Season Pass 2 Review.
- There are other content gaps, I didn’t have time for back in the day. I have been creating a list of items I still want to add to the site. Stay tuned, more stuff is being worked on!
There wasn’t any real news about Redfall these last few weeks. There was a rumor about an internal delay of a few weeks but because Bethesda hasn’t announced an official release date and the game still falls in the expected release window, it wasn’t worth covering.
I hope we hear more about this game soon. I think that Redfall can deliver a fun experience.
UPDATE: There was an interview this week with some cool new details.