Ascendant Studios is dedicated to supporting and optimizing Immortals of Aveum after its initial release. There are more updates scheduled to come like upgrading the Immortals of Aveum to Unreal Engine 5.2.
Table of contents
Dec 11, 2023 – Patch update
A hotfix for the high Arcanum requirements in New Game Plus is releasing today, Monday, December 11th on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to play, share their feedback, and send in bug reports!
- Resolved the issue where the required Arcanum to level up in New Game Plus was too high
- Addressed a localization issue where AMD FSR 3 and Native AA appeared incorrectly in certain languages
Nov 21, 2023 – Patch update
An update with a hot fix for New Game+ is headed your way today, November 21st, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC. We’re continuing work, bringing even more fixes and improvements to Immortals of Aveum™, so stay tuned!
- New Game+ is now unlocked for all players who have reached the “Epilogue” objective. This resolves an incident where some players would be locked out of accessing New Game+ despite meeting the requirements.
- Removed the text that appears above the New Game+ altar outside of Glaivegate.
- Fixed instances of occasional crashes, particularly on minimum or below minimum spec machines
- Resolved an issue where respawning during a reload animation sometimes prevented Jak from being able to fire the sigil.
- Convinced a stubborn Swordsman to gracefully accept his fate when falling to his death inside the Holosteric Shatterfane so players can progress with the fight.
- Fixed an occasional issue where players would respawn in a freefall inside the Wild Fane.
- The Hand of Sandrakk’s mastery of Blue magic grows and she is now immune to Vortex. This also addresses an issue in New Game+ where using Vortex against The Hand could cause a bug that prevented the fight from progressing.
- Various performance improvements throughout the game.
Nov 16, 2023 – Patch update
The Echollector Update arrives today, November 16th, on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, along with the console Free Trial and PC Demo! We’ve got all the details in the patch notes below (including some spoilers). But don’t take our word for it, go check it out in the game now!
- We’ve added New Game+ as an option to begin a new playthrough while preserving key progression features.
- The player starts New Game+ as a Magnus in the Light’s Army. The new playthrough begins in the Yltheum Chapter, bypassing the introductory Streetwise and The Magnus Chapters.
- Gear, resources, talents, Arcanum, and health and mana upgrades carry over from the previous playthrough.
- All unlocked spells and abilities carry over EXCEPT Augment spells (Grapple, Disrupt, Animate, etc.) due to their unlock requirements.
- Epic and Legendary gear can be upgraded to higher levels in the Forge.
- Enemy health, damage, and abilities have been rebalanced, and experience and currency earned have been adjusted to scale with New Game+ progression.
GRAND MAGNUS DIFFICULTY MODE:
- We’ve added the new “Grand Magnus” game difficulty option that provides players with tougher combat challenges throughout the game.
- “Grand Magnus” difficulty can be selected anytime, whether it’s your first playthrough or you’re starting New Game+.
- Enemy health, defense, power, and behavior have been adjusted.
- Combat is more intense, there are fewer health drops, and swapping between spells and abilities will be essential to survival.
“THE ECHOLLECTOR” GAMEPLAY UPDATE: SPOILERS ALERT
- “The Echollector” gameplay update brings new endgame objectives to Immortals of Aveum. Spoilers lie below, so skip ahead if you’d prefer to experience it all in the game first.
- The new content automatically becomes available when the player reaches Glaivegate.
- Shatterfanes – these are corrupted Shroudfanes that lead to new hidden areas and tough battles.
- New Gear – Within the Shatterfanes, players will be rewarded with all-new gear items to take on their journey, including a new bracer, two rings, Limpets vial, and a legendary sigil.
- Discover new lore and face an epic boss battle with the ancient being, The Echollector.
CONSOLE FREE TRIAL & PC DEMO:
- New players can now begin their adventure in the Immortals of Aveum Free Trial on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S or in the PC Demo on Steam! For all the details and to access the Free Trial and Demo.
- The Free Trial goes live on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, and the PC Demo goes live on Steam at 9am PST (5pm UTC) on November 16, 2023.
- Accessing the Free Trial on PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S:
- The Free Trial can be accessed by downloading the app from the Immortals of Aveum PlayStation Store page or the Microsoft Store Page.
- Accessing the PC Demo on Steam:
- The PC Demo can be accessed by visiting the Immortals of Aveum Steam Store page.
- Free Trial and PC Demo Content:
- Play through the first three chapters of Immortals of Aveum, starting at the beginning of the game through the Yltheum Chapter.
- Player progression in the Free Trial or PC Demo will carry over to the full game when Immortals of Aveum is purchased on that respective platform.
- Addressed how the player interacts with an object to prevent accidentally crushing a Mana crystal
- On PC, we’ve added an option to turn off mouse smoothing which can help improve the feel of high DPI mice
- Added FPS cap on PC
- Addressed an issue where a player could occasionally get stuck in a freefall inside a Shroudfane
- Made it so enemies leave behind their loot even if they fall into the abyss
- Fixed instances of occasional crashes and progression blockers
- Addressed rumors of a new Beast among Rasharn’s ranks still lurking within the borders of Kalthus
Nov 2, 2023 – Patch update
A new update is headed your way today, November 2nd, with performance improvements on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. That’s not all! We’ve been listening to your feedback and another update is coming soon with highly requested features like New Game+, a new difficulty mode, and more gameplay content! Check out everything arriving on November 16th in the Echollector Update.
- On all platforms, we’ve adjusted a setting to improve game performance when foliage takes up a large portion of the screen
- Increased the Shadow Pool numbers on PC
- Performance improvements throughout the game on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S
Sept 29, 2023 – Patch update
The PC patch 220.127.116.11 arrives today, September 29, with the launch of FSR 3 in Immortals of Aveum on PC! Console players, stay tuned. More information on FSR 3 for consoles in the future.
In the meantime, the console 18.104.22.168 updates and improvements will be arriving on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S next week, and we’ll share timing details as we get closer to the patch release.
- AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 3 (FSR 3) has launched on PC and Frame Generation is now available in-game for all PC players
- AMD FSR 3 combines temporal upscaling and frame generation to deliver improved performance
- Adds a new “NativeAA” quality mode option that does not apply up-scaling but still applies high-quality anti-aliasing and sharpening
- Frame generation is enabled separately from upscaling and is recommended to be used on AMD Radeon™ RX 5000 Series and higher, NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 20 Series and higher, and Intel® Arc™ 7 Series and higher GPUs
- Upscaling is still available to use on GPUs lower than the products listed above
- “Grand Magnus” achievement will now be correctly awarded for players completing the game on multiple difficulties
- PC mouse “invert” setting now correctly applies when set to on
- Addressed rare issue where the Return to Seren level would appear blurry when DLSS is set to Ultra performance
- Fixed a rare issue on PC where the background graphics would not appear on game launch
MISC. CHANGES & MINOR FIXES
- Addressed crashes and various progression blockers throughout, including issues with waypoint markers and enemy respawns
- Addressed minor visual bugs throughout the game
- Minor text and UI fixes
Sept 26, 2023 – Patch update
Ascendant Studios has been listening to your feedback, suggestions, and bug reports, and they are working to get everything we can into patches over the coming months.
- Re-added the Gamma Correction Slider to the Display tab on console
- Fixed an issue with the Shadow Memory Pool on console that caused lower performance or black triangles to appear for some users
- Addressed issues with mesh quality settings on PC
Sept 8, 2023 – Patch update
The third update goes live Monday the 11th across PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S, so please check out the release notes below. Ascendant Studios continues to work to make Immortals of Aveum™ the best game it can be and they appreciate everyone who has taken the time to play, share their feedback, and send in bug reports.
- Addressed DLSS compatibility issue causing blurriness for some users on PC
- Addressed DLSS ghosting that was caused when Frame Generation is on
- Fixed an issue where DLSS settings would not apply properly on game launch for PC
- Improved Upscaling for better image fidelity on consoles
- Addressed an issue with Dynamic Shader Branching, improving performance on console and PC
- Various Memory optimizations on console and PC
- Fixed minor bugs and progression issues
- Minor visual improvements and fixes throughout the game
Sept 4, 2023 – Patch update
- Increased the mouse sensitivity range so users can adjust the setting lower as needed
- Fixed underlying issue that could cause console brightness to appear too dark or too bright
- Fixed multiple instances of occasional crashes and progression blockers
- Fixed an issue where game was overwriting save slots when the user spawned at a specific location
- Improved various instances of FPS drops and stuttering throughout the game
- Addressed areas where the game would occasionally hitch or freeze momentarily
- Improved loot spawn time
- Fixed instances where objects were sometimes not appearing in the correct location
- Fixed various instances where spell cooldown, reload, and animations could trigger incorrectly or interfere with spell function
- Fixed various possible issues caused by dying and respawning
- Prevented spells being cast in the background of cinematics
- Addressed exploits in the Chapter 2 Howler fight
- Addressed exploit in the Obelisk Fane
- Addressed display issue with Spell preview videos
- Fixed various combat quirks with Archon and Red Elementals
- Addressed exploits when navigating the terrain in specific locations
- Fixed multiple areas where user could fall through map or get stuck
- Minor balancing and stat updates
- Addressed minor combat exploits
- Added text to display unspent Ascension points when the user earns Arcanum
- Various level map fixes and improvements to ensure UI elements display as intended
- Fixed various instances where text did not display properly
- Improvements to the Performance Budget tool UI
- Fixes to Objective marker and Quest descriptions occasionally not displaying correctly
- Dialogue options now clickable using the mouse
- Prevented Fury Spells from being cast during conversations with NPCs
- Added a loading animation on the “Optimize Game Files” screen
- Fixed issue where message prompts were occasionally not appearing upon changing settings
- Added three graphics settings: Mesh Pool Quality, Shadow Rendering Pool Size, Render Target Pool Size
- Fixed issue on low and min spec PCs where some settings would be set to ultra by default, causing performance problems
- Fixed issues that sometimes occurred when changing the display resolution or display mode
- Removed empty boxes from Display menu tab
- Slightly improved graphical quality on Xbox Series S
Misc. Changes & Minor Fixes:
- Made it so that tutorials related to combat appear again if you die before completing the tutorial
- Added a link to a help page when the game experiences online connectivity issues
- Fixes for missing or mistimed subtitles
- Fixed an issue where colorblind mode was displaying incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where combat banter would not play during The Morbane boss battle
- Game credits list updated
- Minor visual improvements and fixes throughout the game to UI, VFX, animation, cinematics, and other art
- Minor fixes to audio mix and SFX
Aug 25, 2023 – Patch update
The update for PC and PS5 is available now and will be available on Xbox tomorrow.
- Fixed broken water visual effects, including reflections and visuals while standing and firing in the water
- Safeguarded against crashes and progression blockers
- Fixed an issue with the interact point on Selko
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t reach Alacrity Fane
- Performance improvements, including areas where in-world Corruption is present
- Improved the shader compilation screen
PLAYSTATION 5 & XBOX SERIES X|S
- Added a Gamma Correction slider in Settings under the Display tab
- This will help players experiencing scenes that are too dark or bright
Aug 22, 2023 – Day 1 Patch
- Improved performance and memory usage throughout the game
- Improved POI, quest objectives, and mini-map guidance throughout
- Numerous visual improvements to cinematics and gameplay
- Minor visual improvements and fixes to UI, VFX, and other art throughout the game
- Fine-tuned player stats, damage, health, mana, combat, and progression
- Fixed progress blockers and exploits through the game and epilogue
- Improved exposure settings across the game while playing on low-quality settings
- Improved lighting during conversations with NPCs
- Fixed an issue where a boss’ health bar would display their shield even after the shield was shredded
- Implemented shader building process upon first start-up of a clean install
- Fixed bugs in animations and meshes that occurred when playing at a high FOV
- Defaulted V-sync to on (can be turned off in graphics settings menu)
- Rebalanced GPU/CPU allocation for each graphics setting to more accurately reflect their Performance Budget impact
- Overall improvements to the Graphics Settings menu for clarity
- Added additional messaging for how to cycle control spells
- The game should now properly recognize every resolution and aspect ratio supported by your monitor
- Addressed missing VFX at the end of Chapter 2 if playing before the game has finished downloading
- Improved terrain texture transition between different detail levels
- Ensured that Light Shafts and Local Exposure are on for all consoles
- Reduced memory overhead on Series S
- Resolved material error with Palathon pillars
- Safeguard added against rare crash when quitting and resuming in Chapter 1
Misc. Changes & Minor Fixes
- Ensured that the objective notification for completing 100% of the game always appears in your HUD
- Improved functionality for accept/revert buttons in the settings menu
- Improvements to audio mixing + transitions and fixed missing sound effects throughout the game
- Ensured that enemies do not attack the player while the player is still loading into the level
- Localization improvements throughout
- Immolate will now consistently damage Brute Shield spells
- Redistributed Rings across the game
- Fixed missing lipsync during the Bathysphere sequence
- Improvements to follow guidance on Devyn during Chapter 4
- Fixed issue where Colorblind mode would sometimes turn off during parts of cutscenes
- Fixed an issue where starting a new game and returning to a previous profile would clear map data
- Improvements to subtitle accuracy, duration, and display categories
- Improved lunge and critical hit detection on the Shrouded Howler boss
- Added safeguards on puzzles and encounters in revisited areas to ensure that they always save and reload safely
- Burstfire sigil now properly transmutes limpets
- Improvements to colorblind profile settings