There are no plans to shut down the Battleborn servers as there is still a healthy player pool. This news comes from a vlog by one of the Gearbox developers. Scott Velasquez (Lead Programmer Battleborn) recorded a video during his commute, as Anthony Nicholson (Associate Producer Battleborn) and he were on a trip to Gearbox Quebec. They talked about video games in general, but also the recent news about Paragon and Gigantic shutting down their servers. That news in particularly got Battleborn players wondering what would happen with the Battleborn servers. During this vlog Scott mentions that a community member (LuckMod from the Battleborn Lost Heroes team) contacted him because he was seeing Paragon player migrating to Battleborn. While it is sad to see that other games are shutting down, Anthony could tell us that they don’t have those plans for Battleborn as there still is a healthy player pool. While most people will check the steam charts about a game’s player base, Battleborn actually performs better on consoles rather than PC.
Paragon Player Migrating to Battleborn
Battleborn Minor Update
During this video Anthony also talks about a minor update coming to Battleborn. I saw on Reddit that people are already speculating what this could be. However they are not aware that the video was recorded 2 weeks prior the recent update that made some changes to the Battleborn marketplace.
- 15% Price reduction across the Marketplace: including Skins, Taunts, Boosts, and Loot Packs.
- Borderlands Skins price reduction: The price of the Borderlands skins is being reduced from 1855 to 1360 PC
- Free Rotation: All skins and taunts related to characters on Free Rotation will be on sale 25% off
- Earned Currency: Magnus Packs, VIP Passes, and Finishers will be available for purchase with EC.
- Flair: the chance to get Gear items with Flair from Core and faction Loot Packs is being significantly increased.