Hey and welcome to another Channel Update. In these blogs, I want to give you an update on what has been going on in my life and on the website as I strive to create a kickass resource for you.
Table of contents
I visited the Ouwehands Zoo for their Light Night event with the family. The Zoo is open in the evening during this special event and they placed various glowing animals and objects throughout the park. Initially, I thought this was fun for the kids, however, it turned out spectacular.
There was a fire act, where 2 performers were juggling with burning torches and spitting fire. Further down the park, it looked like you entered a magical forest with glowing mushrooms.
Because, the zoo is located on the other side of Holland and the event took place in the evening, we decided to sleep at a nearby hotel. Our room was on the 11th floor so there was an excellent view overlooking the city.
My wife wanted to visit a nearby Christmas market the next day. While it’s still early for Xmas shopping it was busy, the market was only open for 1 hour and things were packed. Not a fan but I survived.
My youngest son had this food theme at school, so parents could supply different types of food. A lot of kids wanted pancakes and while 2 parents did supply that, I took a different approach. Because there already was a lot of savory stuff on the menu, I created these green monsters by combining apples, strawberries, sunflower seeds, and sugar eyes.
- I watched Season 2 of Loki and it was awesome. I really enjoyed how everything was interwoven and things came full circle. I won’t share any spoilers here.
- Started watching The Hunger Games with my oldest son.
- Finished playing Kirby Star Allies with my youngest son and now helping him with Lego City Undercover.
I implemented some performance upgrades to the current website. The site is now faster and more efficient at handling your requests.
I’m currently working on establishing the next iteration of this site. I believe I can build something better than the current site (V3), however, its tools are a bit limiting. They are great if you want to stick to the set theme but I want to level up and go beyond that. This means that I have purchased a new theme with new tools. This means that I’m learning to work with the new systems and creation tools. That said, while the backend changes a lot and enables me to do more, I’m keeping the familiar experience on your end and aiming to improve upon it with new features.
- I did a Pandora’s Box GiveAway on the site where you were able to win every Borderlands game including their DLCs. Previously, I did these types of things on my social media channels as a lot of other creators do, however, I thought I might have been doing it wrong all this time because this website is the place where most fans come.
- I have been enjoying the Echoes From The Borderlands Podcast. You can read some of my thoughts about each episode in the Breakdowns I have up on the site. I might do a review of the entire series because I really hope we get a season 2.
- There was some Borderlands Movie News as Tim Miller talked about the Reshoots and we learned who is going to score the movie.
- Not a lot of new Borderlands content on the site this month as I have been actively working on the new site but I have been keeping up with the regular updates.
Immortals of Aveum
- Ascendant Studios features my Immortals of Aveum Wiki on their Community HUB.
- Immortals received New Content
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands:
- A Big Patch Update for Redfall.
- Hero Pass Content is being worked on.
- Battleborn Reborn dropped and I actually made a video about it. You can play Battleborn in 2023!!!
- I have been hanging out in the Battleborn Discord.
- I supplied Gwog, the engineer who brought us Reborn, with some assets so they could create the new launcher.