Hey and welcome to another Channel Update. In these blogs, I want to give you an update on what has been going on in my life and on the website as I strive to create a kickass resource for you.
I finished playing Gear of War 4. I played the first 3 games when they were initially released but didn’t play others. Gears 4 felt like more Gears. Solid game. Kinda a safe approach but clearly setting up another game in the franchise. The “Shocking” ending only works when you have played the initial games. If you haven’t experienced those, the ending is doing it for me.
My son was happy I finished Gear4, so I could uninstall the game. This would open up some storage space on the Xbox. Therefore, I first told him I uninstalled the game, waited 5 seconds, and then told him I installed Gears of War 5 XD
Gearbox Software and 2K Games unleashed a Month of Mayhem, therefore, a lot of cool things happened this last month. The Loot the Universe was a big success.
- I have been enjoying the Echoes From The Borderlands Podcast. You can read some of my thoughts about each episode in the Breakdowns I have up on the site.
- There have been a lot of “Month of Mayhem” SHiFT Codes for each of the Borderlands games. Don’t forget to redeem those before Oct 31.
- Borderlands 3 released on Nintendo Switch
- I wrote a Borderlands 2 Beginner’s Guide because of the Pandora’s Box Collection but this prompted questions about the subsequential playthroughs, therefore, I also wrote a guide on how to combat Ulitmate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Managed to get the Borderlands 3 Black Market updates online much faster
Immortals of Aveum
This is where I spend most of my time this month. I managed to complete the game, defeated the 6 end-game bosses, and collected every golden chest. I registered all the gear along the way and I am in the process of creating a Gear Database. I managed to catalog 203 items and processed about 60 of them by now.
- I solved the Immortals of Aveum ARG and unlocked the lore book.
- Kept up with the Patch Updates and the studio announced they will upgrade to Unreal Engine 5.2
- New Game+ mode is coming to Immortals of Aveum
- I wrote several guides
- Combat Guide to help new players be effective at combat
- Good Boy Achievement Guide
- Fowl Play Achievement Guide
- Finished all the Shroudfane Guides. There are now guides for each Shroudfane that tell you where to find them, how they work, and what rewards they contain.
- I also wrote a guide on how to access the Wound’s Edge map as I have seen multiple folks miss this area.
- Updated the Forge Guide to explain each aspect in detail rather than telling the overall purpose.
- Added the missing Skills in the Talent Tree as you need to obtain some Fury spells during “side quests”
Ascendant Studios also mentioned they are working on an Immortals of Aveum spin-off game that will run on Unreal Engine 5.3.
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands:
- finally received a big update that adds stealth kills and the 60fps performance mode, amongst other things.