An overview of all the updates that Arkane Studios implemented to Redfall through Hotfixes and Patches.
Table of contents
Redfall’s Game Update 3
Game Update 3 introduces a new UV-powered Unrivaled Sniper Rifle, the Basilisk, to your arsenal as well as more improvements and balance changes to your Redfall experience.
- Introducing the Basilisk, a new Unrivaled Sniper Rifle with a unique weapon trait: This weapon charges the first bullet in a full magazine with UV power that can petrify Vampires. Does not affect enemies recently Petrified or immune to Petrification.
- Basilisk can drop anywhere Unrivaled items are eligible, with a higher chance to drop from Bellwether-themed containers in the open world and vampire nests.
- Shrouds, Anglers, and Siphons are now gated from spawning in the open world until players reach a specific level, or complete certain missions.
- Balanced enemy abilities and traits:
- Siphon’s Blood Torrent ability takes longer to interrupt when breaking line of sight.
- Increased Siphon’s resistances to fire.
- Vampires deal more damage to Bribón and Devinder’s Quantum Kerfuffle decoy when attacking from close range.
- Soulless enemies deal more damage when attacking players from close range.
- Watchers react faster to players in line of sight, and spawn reinforcements in combat more often.
- Human enemies are now able to climb awnings.
- Improved quality of enemy pathing and human movement animations.
- Jacob’s Camouflage Field skill will no longer cancel ADS for non-Jacob players.
- Devinder’s Ultraviolent Light skill no longer shatters Special vampires, and instead inflicts a large amount of damage to them. Regular vampires will still shatter.
- Layla’s Psychic Shockwave no longer triggers multiple times from vampire lunge attacks.
- Deathmist Spewers now respond to the UV burst from Emergency Flash Bang Blood Remnants.
- Co-op players no longer lose their crouching ability when exiting a nest.
- Bound civilians no longer show as cultists when pinged.
- Refined search areas for several missions.
- Added more respawn points to minimize cases where players are blocked from respawning after death.
- Fixed locations where Devinder’s Translocate device can be thrown out of world.
- Improved NPC patrol paths
- “Amelia’s Eulogy” triggers correctly after reloading the game.
- Resolved issues with hostile and friendly states in “One of Us”.
- Improved Totality’s responsiveness during the Black Sun boss fight.
- All damage-dealing Hero abilities will now shatter vulnerable Nest hearts.
- Jacob’s Six String backpack cosmetic is now shown with other Backpack cosmetics.
- Hero thumbs should no longer clip into assault rifles when equipped.
- Improved visibility of player locations on the Map.
- Added input curve visuals for Input Response settings.
- Voice chat now has a separate volume control option in the Audio Settings Menu.
- Added Single Press options for the following toggle-Hold interactions: ADS, Continuous Fire and all Menus.
- Screen narration no longer repeats the narration for the “Close” prompt when navigating the System Menu.
- Fixed an issue where all platforms read as ‘Xbox’ by the screen narrator.
- Pop-up countdown is narrated properly during first time use of the Accessibility Menu.
- Speech-to-text messages now appear in front of the blur of dialog menus in the Main Menu.
- Message-of-the-Day carousel no longer receives focus priority after exiting out of pop-up windows.
- Increased player flashlight’s fade speed when reflecting off surfaces.
- Reduced Rook lightning dash attack impact brightness.
- Hero outfit foley has been updated and balanced to reduce loudness.
- Resolved issues with audio skipping during psychic echo playbacks.
- Resolved an issue where music would stop playing after a player was revived during a vampire god fight.
PERFORMANCE & STABILITY
- Traversing through Deathmist should no longer cause performance issues.
- Resolved issue with contact shadows interfering with self-shadowing.
- Resolved issue with some Game Settings not persisting between game launches.
- Restored default windowed mode to ‘Windowed Fullscreen’.
- The game client now saves window location between game launches.
- Various performance fixes related to FPS drops and stuttering.
- Addressed edge-case crash condition with late joining game clients.
We’re continuing development of The Hero Pass and we’re excited to share more about Redfall’s new heroes and other updates later next year.
Redfall’s Game Update 2
OCTOBER 6, 2023
This patch brings a Performance Mode to Xbox Series X|S, stealth takedowns, new controller settings, Accessibility improvements, and much more. Explore an even more dangerous Redfall with an increased open world enemy population and new encounters. Read on for the full list of fixes and additions included in the update.
PERFORMANCE & STABILITY
- Enabled Performance Mode on Xbox Series X|S.
- Improved PC performance and stability across a wide range of hardware configuration
- Addressed several edge-case memory crashes.
- Addressed graphical corruption issue with changing resolution with AMD GPUs.
- Fixed an issue with resetting Game Settings to their default values while in Windowed display on a second monitor.
- The anti-aliasing setting is now hidden in Video Settings while AMD FSR 2.1 upscaling is enabled.
- Various performance improvements made to Hero abilities, weapons, and general game systems.
- Various fixes to support Hero abilities triggering properly despite environmental factors like ladders, death mist, electrocution, and more.
- Improvements to player navigation and collision across both Redfall Commons and Burial Point.
- Weapons with silencers, or silenced muzzle attachments, now reflect their “silent” state in tooltips.
- Silenced weapons generate less noise, and are less likely to alert nearby enemies.
- Vault and Mantle indicators now display in the HUD when a surface can be vaulted over, or mantled.
- The Mission Briefing Table now better delineates between Main Missions and Optional Missions.
- Functional improvements to compass markers and objective search areas to behave more consistently.
- Historical Markers now display on the Map in their locked state once players complete the introductory missions in Redfall Commons and Burial Point.
- Improved the readability of ammo purchasing.
- Added an off-screen indicator when Bribón is downed.
- Fixed an issue where objective search areas were blocking fast travel actions while using the Map.
- The Text-to-Speech hotkey now displays at all times when active.
- Player reporting now shows a loading indicator when submitting.
- Clarified the achievement description for Rum Runner.
- Improvements to Screen Narration:
- Narration updates when a Multiplayer Lobby state changes between Ready and Unready.
- Support when the text entry field is open. Narration updates every seven seconds if the field remains open.
- Narrates “Back” and “Friends” menu controls on all pages of the Settings menu.
- Support within the Username input field for the “Add Crossplay Friends” sub-menu.
- Fixed an issue where players would be prompted to “Press Enter” when focused on the Username input field in the “Add Bethesda.net Friends” sub-menu.
- Support for navigation control in Hero Select and System Select menus.
- Narrates game invites and friend request notifications.
- When selecting a locked difficulty, the screen describes the difficulty type as “Locked”.
- When selecting an unlocked difficulty, the screen narrator will narrate “Difficulty Selected”.
- Main Menu’s System tooltip displays “System” only, and will narrate “System” in both Main and System menus.
- Hover support for all buttons and links, both digital and analog inputs.
- Narration support when pings are placed or removed from the world.
- Fixed several issues with screen narration in Bethesda.Net modals:
- Removed incorrect prompt to “Press Enter” to input email address, username, and/or password when logging in.
- Bethesda.net account Help menu now supports proper narration.
- Narration Support in the Bethesda.Net Updated Agreement.
- Exiting a Multiplayer Lobby now properly reads “Close”, instead of “Quit” or “Leave Lobby” when the Friends List is open.
- Lobby labeling now visually and audibly differentiates between Singleplayer and Multiplayer.
- Added a secondary sensory method in the Archive to indicate focus on the scroll bar.
- Improved photosensitivity work in the following areas:
- Firing the Clacker Unrivaled weapon in ADS near a red emergency light.
- Flashing environment light bloom caused by weapon fire.
- Vampire death and disintegration.
- Remi’s Cluster Bomb C4 explosions detonating in rapid succession.
- Summoning Layla’s Lift with other players standing nearby.
- Numerous improvements to default Aim-Assist and Dead Zone tuning, and more options for players to customize these settings for both Controller and Keyboard/Mouse.
- Arkane Recommendations:
- For fast paced multiplayer FPS fans – Check out Medium, High, or Linear Input Response Presets as they tend to feel faster and more responsive overall.
- For slower single player FPS fans – Check out Default, Low, or Medium Input Response Presets as the slower response curves tend to feel like you have a little more precision over your aim.
- Increasing/decreasing your Controller Sensitivity from the Input Response Presets default value will directly increase/decrease your overall left/right turning speeds.
- For players who turn up their Controller Sensitivity, consider trying out Default/Strong/Very Strong Aim Assist Strength and ADS Snap Strength if you would like that assistance.
- For players who turn down their Controller Sensitivity, try Very Weak/Weak/Default Aim Assist Strength and ADS Snap Strength presets to prevent it from feeling like you are fighting for control over your aim.
- Tinkering with the Input Response Preset setting is a great first step to help you find the controller settings that work best for you.
- Arkane Recommendations:
- During the Settling In mission, Anna Creelman will now fill the player’s pistol, shotgun, and assault rifle ammunition.
- Added new Vampire Nest spawns to Old Town and Sedgewick neighborhoods.
- Added a tutorial blade and Archive entry for Psychic Residue.
- Remi’s C4 no longer remains in the world after exploding.
- Various fixes for mission objective persistence.
- Added mission dialogue for Fall Like Lightning.
- Players can now sneak up and take down unaware Cultists & Bellwether enemies with staked weapons.
- Increased open world enemy population and mission encounter balancing.
- Added unique open world enemy encounters in Redfall Commons.
- Added elements of light or reflective clothing to vampire and human NPCs to aid in visibility during the night.
- Increased ammo pickups in areas surrounding the Fire Station to help new players maintain early-game resources.
- Enemies now reposition to avoid friendly fire.
- Bribón is now guaranteed to shock nearby enemies while using Siren with the Robot Rock skill activated.
- Remi will now be alerted when–and where–Bribón is downed.
- Fixed several scenarios where enemies could become stuck in an idle state and stop engaging with the player.
- Sights and silencer barrels have been updated to improve reticle visibility.
- Sights using a green emissive have been tuned so they aren’t as bright at night.
- Scale and positioning of magazines has been improved to prevent clipping and other animation issues.
- Improved Rook combat behavior in the Black Sun boss arena.
- References to the Burial Point district have been added into the Map, and other locations in the Redfall Commons district.
- Improved the lighting presentation in the Black Sun boss arena.
- Improved visual fidelity for psychic space butterflies, fog pockets, the Black Sun’s glowing sigil, and various water effects.
- Added visually distinct player indicators and markers for Multiplayer sessions, and unique co-op ping color for each player in the squad.
- Improved player ping visibility.
- The Light’s Out achievement will now be awarded in multiplayer only if the Lost in the Fog mission is active.
REDFALL V1.11 RELEASE NOTES
Today’s hotfix provides bug fixes and minor improvements to the gameplay experience.
- The ‘Starting Gear’ tutorial now displays for new Heroes when joining a friend’s campaign
- Screen narration now narrates in the following states:
- All players have left the Lobby
- Players have been kicked from the game
- Loading screen status
- Fixed an issue where interacting with certain Psychic Echoes would prevent them from playing again during a session
- Fixed an issue where successfully destroying a Nest was not awarding XP in single player sessions
- Fixed an issue where successfully destroying a Nest was not increasing the Rook Storm meter
- Fixed an issue where certain Hero Abilities would prevent players from being able to stake the Black Sun
- Fixed an issue where Vampires would not correctly pursue players after teleporting in rapid succession
- Nest Characteristics now correctly display the variation rolled for the encounter
PERFORMANCE & STABILITY
- General improvements to game stability and save functionality
REDFALL V1.1 RELEASE NOTES
Fellow Vampire Slayers,
We’re grateful to see that millions of you have explored the quaint but dangerous open world of Redfall. Building a play space this large has been humbling to say the least. We recognize that we still have work to do, and we plan to address as much as we can, as quickly as we can.
Your feedback has helped highlight key areas for improvement:
– Enemy AI responsiveness
– Enemy encounter frequency
– Vampire combat efficiency
– Improvements to graphical fidelity
Today’s release is only our first patch and introduces a lot of incremental fixes that will improve Redfall. Once available, we will be sharing more information about future updates, including our 60 FPS Performance mode, on our official social channels.
We really appreciate everyone who’s been sharing gameplay clips and providing detailed feedback on Discord, Reddit, & Twitter – it means a lot! Thanks again for your support and patience. See you in Redfall.Arkane Austin
- Increased enemy encounter spawn rates across the open world
- Improved ADS (aim down sight) visibility when looking through sniper rifle scopes
- Breakable glass will now shatter on first impact from all guns
- When using additional ammo storage skills, ammo collected above the standard weapon capacity will now persist between gameplay sessions
- Players can move without interruption when performing melee attacks against enemies
- Bribón no longer idles in place after performing the Siren ability
- Devinder’s Translocate ability is now more reliable when used in the Black Sun boss arena
- Updated various mission descriptions and mission summary texts across all languages
- Nests now unlock at the correct time when playing in New Game Plus (after completing A Voice in the Dark, and starting giving You Tomorrow* | or in the reverse order)
- Added medical supplies to the path leading up to the Bloody Tom boss arena
- General mission fixes and improvements
- Fixed multiple instances of enemies appearing unresponsive in combat
- Improved Vampire melee attacks to increase chances of hitting players in motion
- Cultist and Bellwether enemies received general improvements to their combat behaviors, including faster reaction times
- The Rook is now more relentless and will now hunt down all living party members. Kill or be killed
- Rook Storm lightning bolts will no longer hit players through rooftops and most other unexpected situations
- General improvements to human enemy navigation, including animation timing and responsiveness
- Dormant Vampires are now more susceptible to waking up from player-generated noise
- Enemies are now drawn towards the greatest threat during combat. This could be a player, Bribón, or an opposing enemy faction
- Improved enemy pathing options across open world areas in both districts
- Added mouth blood to additional Vampire facial variations
- Players have higher chances of encountering additional and varied enemies while exploring the open world
- Enemies are no longer able to shoot through certain walls in the Fire Station
- Vampire Nest exit door will now appear correctly in the Shipyard heart instance
- Improved many instances of visual issues at a distance, including materials and model adjustments
- Mission Briefing sequences are brighter
- Improved lighting and audio processing in many interior spaces in both districts
- Skybox updates to prevent extreme star flickering
- General improvements to collision detection and asset placement throughout both districts
PERFORMANCE & STABILITY
- Fixed an issue that was preventing certain decal streaming textures to fully load in, causing them to appear blurry
- Resolved several situations where players could experience an infinite loading screen
- Improved framerate performance in Bloody Tom and Miss Whisper psychic spaces and boss arenas
- Players can now proceed past the Accessibility Menu on a new, unlinked bethesda.net account
- Improved lighting performance in psychic spaces
- Blood pool reflections no longer excessively flicker
- Optimized VFX particle counts, emitters, and spawn rates for the following effects:
- Shield and Inspiration enemy trait effects
- Environmental fire and smoke effects in the Bladewell Campgrounds
- Hero ability effects, including Layla‘s Umbrella and Jacob‘s Heart Stopper
- Bloody Tom’s slam effect, and Miss Whisper’s death effects
- Floating dust particle effects
- Grave Lock effects
- Psychic Echoes
- Nest area-of-influence effects
- Effects when placing Underboss skulls on vampire god pedestals
- Blood tree disintegration effects
- Optimized memory usage when using Jacob’s Raven ability
- Black Sun’s clothing no longer renders animated blue materials
- General improvements to stability
- Increased the chances of players encountering enemies with special traits in multiplayer sessions
- General improvements to stability and functionality in Multiplayer Lobbies
- Left and right movement keys can now be successfully remapped to Left and Right Arrow keys to improve left-handed movement control experience
- Players with existing game saves will need to reset their Mouse and Keyboard bindings to Default in the settings menu before attempting to remap movement keys to the arrow keys
- Screen Narration supports additional paths for critical player communication:
- Invites and Friend requests
- Joining a multiplayer Lobby
- Clients leaving a multiplayer Lobby
- “Invalid Username or Password” error
- Additional bethesda.net menu screens
- Updated states of disabled UI elements once players Ready Up in a multiplayer Lobby
- “Let Games Read to Me” option on first launch for Xbox Series consoles is now enabled
- Adjusted the timing of several subtitles to ensure they display in the correct order
- Screen Narration settings will now persist between game sessions
- Added missing audio cues for Friends List section headers, and the Play Game button
- Adjusted text size scaling for Bethesda icons
- Contrast improvements for Ping text, multiplayer progression text headers, and Hero names
- Controls will no longer lock while the Text-To-Speech field is open
- Resolved instances where certain UI elements would lose cursor focus
- Added error messages and warning pop-ups for the following situations:
- Controller disconnections while on the Initial Input Screen
- Clients de-selecting Ready after the Host launches the game
- Players canceling Friend requests
- Added missing subtitles to Archive entries for the Giving You Tomorrow mission briefing
- “Optional Details” is no longer a required field when reporting another player
- Tutorial blades are now more responsive when multiple are stacked on top of one another
- Settings will revert correctly during active gameplay when Cancelling in the Confirm Changes message prompt
- Enemies will no longer lose nameplates and health bar information when cancelling fast travel
- Weapons loadouts will no longer swap into weapon inventory when starting new game sessions in quick succession
- Safehouse keys have been added to the Key Ring
- The Rook Storm meter now appears more consistently in game, and in the Map
- General improvements to Menu navigation and feedback
These alterations are found by the community.
- The Stake Launcher Ammo capacity was reduced from 18 to 12.
- Devinder’s Decoy Hologram duration was reduced from 20 to 8 seconds.
- Reduced the range and effectiveness of Devinder’s Decoy Hologram
- Fixed: Devinder’s Blacklight will now petrify vampires more reliably.
- Layla’s Umbrella can now be activated while in mid-air, allowing it to be used with her Lift.
- Reduced the effectiveness of Remi’s Siren as it is less effective at aggroing enemies.
- Melee hits will now also drain Jacob’s cloak while using the “Hidden Strike” skill.
REDFALL V1.01 HOTFIX RELEASE NOTES
Released May 8, 2023
- Fixed an infinite loading screen issue that resulted from suspending and resuming gameplay while Fast Traveling across the map
- Fixed a save system crash that resulted from suspending and resuming gameplay while Fast Traveling across the map
- Updated game server heartbeat logic for improved backend communication with live servers