One of the complaints about Borderlands the Pre-Sequel is the end-game content. With borderlands 2 there were the bosses that respawn. They delivered a challenge and were able to drop unique loot as each boss or named enemy had a legendary weapon assigned to them. You could go out there and farm for a specific legendary and with Borderlands the Pre-Sequel this isn’t the case.
Only a handful of bosses respawn in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel but most of them don’t. There are even some unique enemies in the game that don’t respawn and have a legendary weapon assigned to them. This means you will get one chance during your playthrough to earn that weapon from that enemy. However, you can always try your luck with the grinder.
A Patch Is Being Worked On
The issue that Bosses do not respawn is something that cuts off the replay value of the game and it’s a slap in the face for the loyal fans. That said, these problems will soon be taken away because 2K Aus has been working on the solution.
After a month of work, a patch is sent over to Sony & Microsoft for evaluation. As soon as it gets approved the patch will get rolled out and you will be able to farm bosses again. This is excellent news for us Vault Hunters!
The Patch that fixes the issue that bosses don’t respawn finally gets a date, the release is set for 03/24/15. This is the same day as Borderlands the Handsome Collection is coming out.
The Patch will also include the feature to transfer your save game from the previous console generation to the next. Wondering what else got fixed in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel check out the full Patch notes.
List of Respawnable Bosses
The following bosses will now respawn when a player exits and re-enters a map:
- Tiny Destroyer (Drops the legendary Moon Saga)
- Boomer (Drops the legendary Kerboom)
- Rabid Adams
- Giant Shuggarath
- Rooster Booster
- Even-More-Disgusting Tork (Drops the legendary Flakker)
- Tony Slows
- Drongo Bones (Drops the legendary Fatale)
- Meg (Drops the legendary Torrent)
- CLAP-L3K (Drops the legendary 3DD1.E)
- Lost Legion Powersuit Noob (Drops the legendary Shooting Star)
- Meat Head
- (Note: Col. Zarpedon’s loot pool has been added to the Sentinel since Zarpedon cannot respawn.)
- Check out the full list of legendary items you can farm inside Borderlands the Pre-Sequel.