Revenge of the Cartels is a seasonal event in Borderlands 3 with an 80’s Miami Vice theme. During the event, you need help out Maurice as he got into some trouble. Your task is to hunt down operatives that are scattered around the universe to gain access to cartel hideout. This mansion will be guarded by 1 of the 3 divisions, so each time you start your run you will have to face off against different enemies.
- The Burnt Ends: This Bandit faction are dead collectors and will collect your meat if you don’t pay your depts.
- CryptoSec: This Tech faction are cyborg bounty hunters.
- The Purpatrators: This Shrunken faction will collect your Eridian dust.
You can turn the Revenge of the Cartels event on and off from the main menu.
Table of contents
You’ll have to eliminate key operatives stationed around the galaxy so Maurice can open a portal to a new hideout area where the Cartel has set up shop. The enemies you’ll encounter on the other side of the portal will change based on which division of the Cartel you’re up against. – Borderlands.com
Revenge of the Cartels Loot
During your 6 weeks playing ‘Revenge of the Cartels’, you will be able to find new legendary loot that can only be obtained during this seasonal event. There will be 7 new legendary weapons, 2 new shields, and 1 Grenade Mod. One of the new weapons is the O.P.Q. System. This Assault Rifle shoots an auto-firing copy of itself that will target whatever you’re looking at.
There will also be new anoints for your gear. Gearbox Software previously stated that they will be adding 12 new Anointments. This will trigger bonuses when you first activate your Action Skill. It sounds like these could be useful for Zane if you are running an infinite action skill duration build.
Revenge of the Cartels Challenges
- Mr. Good: Stuff Defeat Joey Ultraviolet in Mayhem 1 or greater.
- Pupsicles: Kill 30 CryptoSec Frontrunners with Cryo damage.
- Can’t Touch This: Kill Joey Ultraviolet without taking damage from laser traps and corrosive traps.
- That’s Grape Candy: Smash 500 Eridium dust piles.
- Every Mansion Needs a Puzzle: Solve the hidden puzzle in the Ultraviolet mansion.
- Marking Your Territory: Find and use all golden toilets in the Ultraviolet mansion before you leave.
- M-M-M-Mobsterkill: Kill 800 Cartel gang members.
- Six Feet Underbosses: Kill 50 Cartel Underbosses.
- Locked in Here with Me: Kill 6 Underbosses in one map playthrough.
- Mayhaps Mayhem: Will Help Kill 25 Underbosses in Mayhem 1 or greater.
- Never Slap a Slapper: Kill Fish Slap with a slap (melee damage).
- Seasoning in the Wound: Kill the Tenderizer while he is healing himself.
- Penetration Testing: Kill Franco Firewall with his own Crypto Spikes.
- Sack Tap: Shoot 25 meat sacks off Burnt Ends Gang members.
- And Your Lunch Money: Shoot 25 backpacks off Purpatrators Gang members.
- The King of Purple: Defeat Joey Ultraviolet.
- Three Minutes of PLAAAYTIME! Defeat Joey Ultraviolet in under 3 minutes.
- Flawless Victory: Complete the Revenge of the Cartels mission without dying.
Revenge of the Cartels Challenge Rewards
Completing challenges will unlock various cosmetic items. These are the items you can unlock.
- 3 Challenges: ‘VECH-tor Graphics’ ECHO Device Skin
- 6 Challenges: ‘Retro Outrunner’ Weapon Trinket
- 10 Challenges: ‘Framed Firewall’ Room Decoration
- 14 Challenges: ‘Hotline Pandora’ Vault Hunter Head
- 18 Challenges: ‘Death by Filigrees’ Vault Hunter Skin
SECRET VENDOR LOCATION DISCOVERED
Discover the location of Maurice’s hidden Black Market vending machine that sells Legendary items!
Where is Maurice?