Hey and welcome to another Channel Update. In these blogs, I want to give you an update on what has been going on in my life and on the website as I strive to create a kickass resource for you.
I went on a family vacation last month. We rented this cabin on the other side of the country. We had an awesome view at the edge of the forest near a lake. The weather was nice although the classic Dutch rain also came to visit near the end of the week but it was mostly raining at night.
There were a few indoor obstacle courses at the park we were at. One that was tailored to 5-8 years which was a good challenge for my 4-year-old son. There were also 2 obstacle courses that were designed for 8+ years old but that didn’t stop him from running after his brother.
There was one obstacle course outside that I did together with my oldest son. You have to gear up for this one as you are walking on wonky wobbly bridges that are 10 meters off the ground. My son is terrified of heights and was scared that he would fall as this was his first time doing one of these things. It was the third time that I did one of these types of obstacle courses so I talked him through it. We both managed to get through it without falling off.
The final obstacle is a zipline so you have to jump out of the trees. I find those fun, my son not so much as you have to have faith the gear will hold you.
After my Holiday, things went into overdrive again as there was a lot of Borderlands stuff happening. I had to get a lot sorted for that but managed to get it done.
The kids are going back to school again.
I got sick the other week and therefore wasn’t able to do a lot for a week but now that I recovered I’m writing this and am ready to take on the next big project.
Gearbox Software and 2K Games unleashed the Month of Mayhem, therefore, a lot of cool things happened and are still going on.
- I got the scoop on the Pandora’s Box Collection Announcement, I thought all NextMakers received the memo but apparently, I was the only one. It’s a great value package if you don’t own all the games.
- After a long time without updates, Borderlands 3 received a new Patch, which also added New Cosmetics to Borderlands 3.
- The biggest news that was released alongside the “Pandora’s Box” was the announcement of Borderlands 3 on Switch.
- I supported Harfmil’s community event as he organized Round 3 of his Putt Putt Challenge
- The Month of Mayhem also includes Loot the Universe Remix. I’m glad they mixed up the dropzones this time. I’m updating the guide as soon as possible.
- The biggest Borderlands news for me personally is the Echoes from the Borderlands. This Podcast by Gearbox talks about everything Borderlands and shares details about the development process. I really like these war stories on how games are created.
- Randy Pitchford had some interesting insights on the ending of Borderland 3 that shocked the community.
- Ki11erSix did a poll if Handsome Jack should return and a conversation I had regarding that sparked this crazy idea of what they could do with Handsome Jack.
- Another crazy idea came from the community being upset about the Final Crystal in New Tales From The Borderlands. This post went live when I was on vacation but I discussed it with someone on Twitter they were amazed.
Immortals of Aveum
I had the chance to play Immortals of Aveum a little bit before my vacation but didn’t manage to finish the main story campaign in those 20 hours of play. After my vacation, I had to prioritize Borderlands again but I’m finally in a good spot to start making Immortals content.
- I noticed folks were confused about how to redeem their Deluxe content during my vacation. Therefore, I quickly added a guide to the site. Using my phone to update the site isn’t ideal but it got the job done.
- Created an XP Boost guide as you can shoot these mystical glowing orbs.
- I made a breakdown of all the Shroudfanes and their rewards, with mini guides on each Shroudfane that are currently being published.
- I indexed all the Talents in the Skill Tree.
- Ascendant Studios is still working on multiple Patch Updates
- I have been finding clues for the ARG in Immortals of Aveum that unlock a lore book.
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands: Keeping up with SHiFT Codes and Loot Room updates. The featured run breakdown was too time-consuming for me to keep doing and therefore hasn’t been updated for a while.
- Redfall: Mostly a lot of radio silence but the head of Bethesda said they are committed to bringing the game up to par as they did with other titles.
- Space Punks: I haven’t done a lot of Space Punks content for a while as progress got reset and things got changed from time to time. However, the developer now announced it will be shutting down the servers and discontinuing the development of Space Punks.