On Tuesday, June 20th, at 3pm PT/6pm ET Gearbox Software did a special Supercharge livestream on their Twitch Channel. Supercharge is set to release Thursday, June 22, 2017! Here’s a sneak peek of the mode to get you prepped for battle.
Supercharge Game Mode Mechanics:
Objective: MINREC’s at it again! He had so much fun watching the Battleborn send waves of minions to their death at the grinders in Meltdown he wanted to up the stakes. On top of ruining robots, you are also grabbing capture points to supercharge your next wave of minions. Three new maps await in these 3v3 multiplayer matches!
- Follow the basic multiplayer guide
- Because the Supercharge matches are 3v3, plan for a LOT of coordination with your teammates.
- Supercharge has a large abundance of shards available throughout the match, as well as faster than normal large shard cluster respawns and – new to multiplayer – exploding barrels that drop shards as well.
- With a large abundance of shards readily available, it’s encouraged to go into matches with higher end gear than what you are used to.
- Capturing the Supercharge pad in the center of the map grants your team a boost in its minion spawn waves by adding an additional Shepard bot. This can provide your team and minions with overshield buffs
- In the center of every map is a MX.Elite Bot buildable that, when purchased, will walk towards your team’s lane and – if it makes its way to the grinder – your team will earn huge chunk of points and help change the tide of battle.