Borderlands 3 Update
Gearbox Software made some adjustments that impact the way you play Zane, Amara, and FL4K. Zane is the Vault Hunter that got hit the hardest in the November 9, 2020 Patch. That said, he is the one that needed it the most as his character builds are all centered around the Seen’Dead class mod. With these changes, it’s the Developers’ goal to bring more build diversity to his skill tree. By moving around some skills in Zane’s Skill Tree it really opens up the way you won’t have to spec all the way into his Hitman Tree. The Seein’ Red capstone got moved halfway down the tree as it swapped places with ‘Death Follows Close’. Because a lot of buffs in Zane’s skill tree resolve around Kill Skills it is great that you are able to trigger those with your action skill. Also, Zane’s new actions skill, the MNTIS Cannon, that comes with the Designer’s Cut lets you easily trigger its effects.
Amara’s and FL4K’s biggest deal is probably that you cannot FakeGrasp or Gamma Burst while looking at the sky to trigger Anointments.
Mayhem Level 11 is now available as a free update to everyone!
ZANE, THE OPERATIVE
With today’s patch, we have made several changes to Zane’s Skill Trees and Class Mods. Our goals with these changes are to increase the Skill Tree build diversity as well as remove the reliance on one Class Mod for builds. While making these changes, we determined that certain skills should be moved on their respective skill trees to a different position.
For these skill changes to apply properly, Zane players will need to save/quit their characters once to have their trees updated to these new layouts. Skill points that were in the four swapped skills will be refunded when they load their characters the second time. If a player does not have enough points invested to unlock a high-tier skill they have previously applied points to, they will need to re-apply the refunded skill points before using those high-tier skills.
SKILL TREE CHANGES
Death Follows Close is an incredibly strong passive skill, much stronger than the effects of the capstone Seein’ Red. This feels backward, so we have swapped the position of these two skills to better represent their value relative to each other. Please remember the changes require you to save/quit your character once to function properly.
- Swapped the positions of Death Follows Close and Seein’ Red on the Skill Tree
- Added Kill Skill Bonus +15% to Seein’ Red
Under Cover Tree
Like the Hitman Tree, the mid-tier passive and capstone skills of this tree had an inverted value relative to their position. This change also allows players to get more value out of their shields and Barrier via Distributed Denial being much lower in the tree. Please remember the changes require you to save/quit your character once to function properly.
- Swapped the positions of Confident Competence and Distributed Denial on the Skill Tree
- Buffed Gun Damage from Confident Competence
Double Agent Tree
Given the percent chance of Duct Tape Mod proccing, it could spell disaster for Zane in close quarters combat. Now players don’t have to worry about accidentally downing themselves when a grenade is launched.
- Duct Tape Mod now grants Zane immunity to damage from his weapons and grenades
- Reworked the ability to allow the shield to refill before it is broken whenever an Action Skill is activated
This Class Mod has been over-performing, so we have removed some of the power from the mod. To counter this change, the Seein’ Red passive skill within Zane’s Hitman Skill Tree has been given a buff, effectively giving all players access to additional damage without the requirement of using this Class Mod.
- Lowered the Kill Skill Damage bonus
AMARA, THE SIREN
Certain types of damage were unintentionally being passed to other enemies caught in the Siren’s Phasegrasp. This change prevents those interactions, but no other changes have been made to this skill. A previous hotfix did not address all the issues discovered and this solution is a more robust, permanent solution.
- Updated Ties that Bind to only pass weapon and melee damage to enemies
- Weapon Anointments that increase weapon or melee damage after Phaseslam now properly increases damage
- Updated Muse Class Mod to prevent double-dipping on damage modifiers
FL4K, THE BEASTMASTER
- Pets will now receive damage buffs from the global grenade anointment
- Addressed a reported concern that when dealing critical hits in rapid succession while using the Rakk Attack Action Skill and Headcount Passive, Rakk Attack charges would not be gained properly, and the cooldown timer was reset