Gearbox Software had a pretty good track record of supporting its games. With Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, I didn’t expect any difference, however, this game doesn’t seem to be getting the love and attention that Borderlands 3 received during its active support. Also, the season pass wasn’t at the level that fans expected from the developer and publisher.
That said, fans are still hoping for a redemption story and are wondering what they can expect from Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands in 2023.
Table of contents
Gearbox Software has been activating weekly mini-events and new featured runs since the game’s release. I expect that they will continue to do so in 2023 but it wouldn’t surprise me if they lowered the frequency of these events from every week to every other week.
Randy Pitchford stated in a Fiscal Report that Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands blew away all of their expectations and that new Wonderlands Experiences are being developed. There was no further context or timeline given, so it’s unclear if we will learn anything about this in the near future.
DLC4 – Shattering Spectreglass
Gearbox Software and 2K Games announced that DLC, Shattering Spectreglass, releases on August 11, 2022. This DLC also includes the new playable Blightcaller class
July 2022 Mini-Events
- Fortune Encounters
- Jun 30 till July 6
- Optional Opportunities (Redux)
- July 7 till July 13
- Mega Marathon Extended Runs
- July 14 till July 20
Blightcaller A New Character Class
The Blightcaller is a new playable character class. This shamanic Elementalist channels spirits and summons storms to wear down foes with poison and elemental damage. The Blightcaller is bundled with DLC4, however, there isn’t an official release date just yet. With the rate that Gearbox Software is releasing Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands DLC, we could expect it at the end of July or early August.
DLC 3 – Molten Mirrors
The third Mirror of Mystery is called Molten Mirrors and drops on June 23, 2022.
- First Form: June 23 at 9:30 AM PT
- New Fealty Oath Legendary ring
- After defeating Fyodor for the first time, new Legendary loot will be added to the Wheel of Fate: Stab-O-Matic gun, Lovestruck Beau spell, Greed Warden and Petty Tantrum melee weapons, and Protagonizer amulet
- Second Form: June 30 at 9:30 AM PT
- New Smithy’s Ire Legendary spell
- Third Form: July 7 at 9:30 AM PT
- New Tyrant’s Truth Legendary armor
- Final Form: July 14 at 9:30 AM PT
- New Echoing Phoenix Legendary gun
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is initially an Epic Games Store exclusive but will be released on Steam later on June 23, 2022.
June Mini-Event Roadmap
DLC 2 – Glutton’s Gamble
The Second Mirror of Mystery is called Glutton’s Gamble and will drop on May 19, 2022
- First Form: May 19 at 9:30 AM PT
- New Garlic Breath Legendary spell and Precious Jamstone Legendary ring
- Second Form: May 26 at 9:30 AM PT
- New Salt and Battery Legendary melee weapon and Lich’s Augur Legendary ward
- Third Form: June 2 at 9:30 AM PT
- New Boltlash Legendary spell and Miasmic Chainmail Legendary armor
- Final Form: June 9 at 9:30 AM PT
- Two new Legendary guns (Oil & Spice and Butterboom) and Barboload Legendary amulet
DLC 1 – Coiled Captors
The first Mirror of Mystery is called Coiled Captors and will drop on April 21, 2022
- First Form: 9:30 AM PT on April 21
- Second Form: 9:30 AM PT on April 28
- Third Form: 9:30 AM PT on May 5
- Final Form: 9:30 AM PT on May 12
- Events: Gearbox Software wants to provide small in-game events that will give players of all levels of experience something to do.
- Featured Run: When you completed the main story, you gain access to the Chaos Chamber. Here you can access the Featured Run. This custom preset of dungeons is being changed on a weekly rotation.
- Loot Room Legendaries: Every week the loot room in the Chaos Chamber will feature dedicated legendary loot.
Gearbox Software is going to treat Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands somewhat as a Live Service game, while it actually isn’t one. You can expect weekly hotfixes for like the first year and with each DLC drop, there will be a big patch.
Check out Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands’ changelog for all game updates.
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands has a season pass that has 4 content drops that will add new fantastical boss fights and whimsical challenges to the game after its release. Looking at Gearbox’s track record I assume that there will be 1 DLC every 3 months.