This event has ended, however, due to its popularity, the Gearbox Developers are looking into a way to make this event permanent. Sadly, due to how the map is set up they can’t just add a switch at the start of the map like they did with the True Takedowns. Hopefully, they can officially add it to the Roadmap.
True Trials Mini-Events
Starting May 13, 2021, you will be able to participate in the Guardian’s True Trials. During this 6 weeks mini-event, each of the proving ground trials will become a lot harder. The final boss that you encounter at the end of these trials will receive a massive buff. We are talking about Raid Boss’ level of health and damage. So you better bring your best build into these true trials.
From June 24 till July 1, 2021 all true trials will be activated. All bosses will drop their event loot as mentioned below.
If you haven’t unlocked all these trials yet, here is a guide how to unlock the proving grounds.
True Trials Custom Loot
During the event, the new raid boss-like bosses will receive custom loot pools that are hand-picked by the developers. Expect, Top-Tier loot from the base game and its DLCs. You will need to own the corresponding DLC in order to use that item. If you don’t own the related DLC, you can still pick it up and store it in your bank for later.
True Trials Loot Chest
The chest at the end of the proving grounds recently already received a buff that scales the loot based on your performance. Well, during True Trials, the chest will always be filled with Legendaries, regardless of how quickly you completed it or how many objectives you scored.
True Trials Schedule
- Week 1: True Trials of Survival
- Week 2: Trial of Cunning
- Week 3: Trial of Discipline
- Week 4: Trial of Fervor
- Week 5: Trial of Instinct
- Dates: 9:00 AM PT June 10 to 8:59 AM PT June 17
- Activation Beacon: Floodmoor Basin
- Week 6: Trial of Supremacy
- 6-week mini-event starting May 13th, 2021
- Proving Grounds Bosses are super strong
- 1 base game + 1 DLC legendary (You need the DLC to use the DLC Legendary)
- You cannot disable this event, so if you are a new player and don’t have a proper build yet, you can better avoid the True Trial version of that week’s proving ground.