Veteran Rewards Vending Machine
Since the Borderlands 3 reveal, I have been asking myself what is up with that vending machine just outside of Crazy Earl’s door. During the presentation at the reveal event gearbox software showed off various locations and NPCs on the spaceship Sanctuary III. One of these locations was the cargo bay. In the back, you can find Crazy Earl and the Veteran Rewards vending machine. From the looks of it, this vending machine looks to only accept Eridium. During my play session at the FL4K reveal event, I found this to be true.
In this vending machine, you can purchase high-level loot. These items are great for end-game. You can only obtain these items by purchasing them with Eridium. You can get this rare currency throughout the game. Enemies drop it, you can receive it as a mission reward, or you can harvest it as you can find eridium crystals throughout the game.
The items in the veteran rewards vending machine have a bonus stat called ‘Anointed’. This stat will augment your weapon based on a special requirement. These can be character class-specific or tied into your actions skills. Here are some in-game examples.
General bonus mutators that every Vault Hunter can benefit from.
- On Action Skill End, the next 2 magazines will have 50% additional “elemental” damage.
- On Action Skill End, Melee Damage is increased by 100% for a short time.
- On Action Skill End, action skill cooldown rate is increased by 20% for a short time.
- On Action Skill End, gain 15% Life Steal for a short time.
These are bonus mutators that only apply to FL4K “the Beastmaster”.
- After issuing an Attack Command, gain 8% move speed for a short time.
- Grants an extra charge of Rakk Attack!
These are bonus mutators that only apply to Moze “the Gunner”.
- While Auto Bear is active, constantly regenerate 8% of magazine size per second.
- While Auto Bear is active, deal 20% bonus Incendiary damage.
These are bonus mutators that only apply to Zane “the Operative”.
- No Zane specific example at the moment.
These are bonus mutators that only apply to Amara “the Siren”.
- No Amara specific example at the moment.