Welcome to Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is a Borderlands-esque game. It’s a first-person looter shooter set in a fantasy world. If you played the “Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep” DLC from Borderlands 2 you have a good reference point. Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands runs on the Borderlands 3 engine but it’s a full standalone AAA game and not a DLC.
The Story Premise
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands takes place after ‘Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep” but you don’t have to have played that to follow along.
In Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, you play through a game of Bunkers & Badasses, a Dungeons & Dragons-inspired tabletop board game. It’s getting meta as you are playing a game within a game. Tiny Tina will guide you through the story to defeat the Dragon Lord as she is the bunker master. This means that she makes up the rules and can change things on the fly.
Is Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands a Borderlands Game?
While Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is built upon the foundation of Borderlands, the game actually has different features and game mechanics.
- The character in the reveal trailer wasn’t one of the playable characters because you can customize your own multi-class hero.
- There are 6 classes you can choose from, each class has 2 action skills.
- Halfway through the game you can unlock a second class, which can be swapped if you complete the main story.
- Yes, there are guns, melee weapons, and magic spells. They all come in different varieties and rarity tiers.
- It’s still primarily a gun game, melee is a secondary combat mechanic but has cool interaction with the other abilties.
- Grenades are replaced by magic spells but aren’t just a cool reskin with sparkles. Magic spells are treated as mini-skills as they can do a multitude of things.
- Shields are replaced by Armor but there is more to them.
- You travel from location to location through a tabletop overworld map.
- Borderlands Spin-off Game based on Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep
- First Person Shooter
- High Fantasy Theme
- 4 Player Co-Op
- Shoot, Slash, Cast, and Loot
- Multiclass Character Customization
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands will be released on March 25, 2022, on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, and PC (Epic Exclusive, Steam Release later in 2022)
By pre-ordering or purchasing a digital copy of Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands: Chaotic Great Edition on Epic via the 2K Store using my unique affiliate link you get the Knights of Butt Stallion Pack*, featuring a swath of spiffy cosmetic items!
- Scrumdiddlyumptious Armor Preset (4 items)
- Tina Triumph Banner Set (3 items)
If you purchase the game through my partner link, you get an awesome game and I will receive compensation from 2K Games, which is a great way to support the things I do.