About the ASMD:
The ASMD is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Maliwan Sniper wants you to follow up on your shots. When you hip-fire the ASMD, it will shoot out a slow-moving orb that deals shock damage. The thing you actually want to do is follow up on your initial shot by aiming down sight and shoot that slow-moving orb. When you zoom-in with this weapon, it will shoot a fast-moving bolt that can trigger the orb. When you do this the orb will explode and deal significantly more damage.
Special Weapon Effect:
“You planning a follow up?”
- Always Shock
- No Charge up time
- Deals massively increased damage when combining Alt-Firing Modes.
- Alt-Fire Mode depends on hip-fire and aiming down sight.
- Energy Orb: Shoots a slow-moving energy Orb that explodes on impact.
- Energy Bolt: Shoots a fast-moving energy Bolt that explodes on impact.
How to get the ASMD?
The ASMD can randomly drop from any suitable loot but you have a 10% chance of getting it from Maxitrillion. You can farm him at Voracious Canopy on Eden-6. He is located in an office just before the boss fight with GenIVIV.
- Hotfix August 20, 2020
- Increased weapon damage
- Slowed down the orb and increased the explosion damage from +140% to +640%
- Hotfix October 17, 2019
- Damage increased by 28%