The Avalanche is a Legendary item in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Maliwan Shield is a powerful shield that combines the defining traits of Maylay, Nova and Spike shields. It is an advantageous shield for melee-focused Vault Hunters because of its immense roid damage coupled with the potential to freeze attackers.The Avalanche has a modest shield capacity, while its recharge time is pretty long this is beneficial for taking advantage of the roid bonus damage.
Special Weapon Effects:
“I’ll bury you.”
It is a combination of the Maylay, Nova (cryo), and Spike (cryo) shield types. Extremely high roid damage, increased nova damage and increased spike damage. Greatly increased recharge delay.
How to get the Avalanche ?:
The Avalanche can be obtained randomly from any suitable loot source, but has an increased chance to drop from Odjurymir located in Serenity’s Waste during Mercenary Day. Odjurymir replaces Iwajira during this in-game event.
How to find Odjurymir
- Fast travel to Serenity’s Waste.
- Go outside and follow the path against the rocks to your right.
- Jump in the cave that emits lava.
- Go through the cave and drop down.
How to Grind the Avalanche ?:
You can use the Grinder to create the Avalanche. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 3 Purple Shields to obtain a random legendary shield.
- The Avalanche uses the same material as the Bigg Thumppr.
- The Avalanche may spawn with a Maliwan capacitor, granting immunity against shock, corrosive, fire or cryo elemental damage. It may also spawn with a Torgue capacitor, granting the Blast-Proof prefix and explosive damage reduction to its wearer.
- It is the only Maylay Shield manufactured by Maliwan.
- The Avalanche functions similarly to the Hide of Terramorphous, albeit with the Cryo element instead of Incendiary.
GET FREE LOOT WITH THESE CODE!
Claim these Borderlands The Pre-Sequel SHiFT Codes for in-game rewards!