The Baby Maker is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2. This Tediore SMG motivates you to reload as much as you can. As each Tediore weapon gets thrown out upon reloading, the Baby Maker will detonate somewhat like a MIRV grenade. Because the second explosion often hits the initial target this doubles the damage output.
Shock, Incendiary, Corrosive, Slag, or None
Special Weapon Effects:
Who’s a widdle gunny wunny!!!
- When the Baby Maker is thrown out as part of the (forced) reload, a “child grenade” will spawn upon detonation. The “child grenade” is actually an identical but smaller version of the Baby Maker that explodes again. On very rare occasions it is possible it will spawn a second or third projectile.
How to get the Baby Maker?:
- You can get the Baby Maker randomly from any suitable loot source.
- It also has an increased chance to drop from Madame Von Bartlesby.
- Madame Von Bartlesby is a miniboss Varkid that can be found on the Skitting Mound located in Tundra Express.
- Because the damage of the explosion of a Tediore weapon reload is based on the number of bullets that are left in the clip. You can enhance the damage by leaving as many bullets in the gun upon throwing. You can even boost this damage by picking up skills that expand your magazine size.
- You can run out of ammo very fast if you constantly forcefully reload after shooting 1 bullet.
- The Baby Maker also made an appearance in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel and Borderlands 3.
- A Quality Babymaker is one of the twenty single-use items granted by SHiFT codes included with the Diamond Plate Loot Chest. The card caption reads “Fun fact: This gun drops explosive “baby” grenades. Your chances of dropping a boy (blue) or a girl (pink) are based on actual US birth statistics.”
- When the thrown gun explodes, the sound of a larva Varkid’s cry can be heard.
- A trail of pink or light blue digi-struct light follow the spawned child grenades.
- Light blue is commonly used for boys and pink for girls, shortly after being born.
- The Baby Maker was dropped by Rouge on the last day of Week 3 of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt. A hotfix on that day increased the damage.