The Badaboom is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Bandit/Scav Rocket Launcher eclipses most other launchers in terms of damage-per-shot. This is because the Badaboom fires six rockets for the cost of one. These rockets are spread in a manner that is very similar to a shotgun’s projectiles. This makes this weapon very useful for inflicting high amounts of accumulative damage to large targets or spreading heavy splash damage to large groups of smaller targets. Because of these advantages, the Badaboom is also very useful for getting Second Winds.
Special Weapon Effects:
Fires a cluster of six rockets at the cost of one rocket ammo, each rocket with slightly reduced damage. Greatly reduced accuracy.
How to get the Badaboom ?:
- Borderlands 2
- You can get the Badaboom randomly from any obtainable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from King Mong located in Eridium Blight.
- Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
- You can get the Badaboom randomly from any obtainable loot source or the Grinder.
How to Grind the Badaboom ?:
You can use the Grinder in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel to create the Badaboom. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 2 Legendary Weapons and 1 Purple Rocket Launcher to obtain a random legendary Rocket Launcher. Be sure to make it a Luneshine grind for a “guaranteed” legendary and also get a chance of getting a Luneshine buff.
- A SHiFT code that unlocks a single Rapid Badaboom is included in the Diamond Plate Loot Chest. The card caption reads “If your enemies aren’t dead after a blast from this, you probably weren’t aiming in the right direction. Or they were robots.”
- The name and flavor text on the launcher are both references to the sci-fi movie The Fifth Element starring Bruce Willis, Gary Oldman, and Milla Jovovich.