About the Bearcat:
The Bearcat is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Torgue Assault Rifle shoots grenades in a horizontal line that can bounce around. The damage output is pretty good for mobbing especially when multiple enemies are next to each other. The splash damage can deal good damage but the Bearcat does consume 4 ammo per shot.
None, Incendiary, Shock, Corrosive, Cryo, Radiation
Special Weapon Effect:
“I love the smell of popcorn in the morning.”
- The Bearcat fires 3 grenades in a horizontal row that bounce.
- Increased Splash Damage
- Consumes 4 ammo per shot.
- No Alternative Fire mode.
How to get the Bearcat?:
The Bearcat can be obtained from any loot source but has a high chance of dropping from Trufflemunch who is located in The Droughts on Pandora.
The Drop Rate of the Bearcat is 30%
- Hotfix Aug 6, 2020 – Lowered the ammo cost from 4 to 3
- Aiming down sight narrows the spread of the grenades. This makes it easier to hit single targets.
- The flavor text is a play on a famous quote from the movie Apocalypse Now, as well as a reference to bearcat musk glands that emit an odor reminiscent of popcorn.
- The Bearcat is a returning weapon from Borderlands 2 but as a legendary Torgue assault rifle instead of a pearlescent Dahl assault rifle. It also now consumes 4 ammo per shot.