About the Fastball:
The Fastball is a Legendary weapon in Borderlands 3. This Tediore Grenade Mod is thrown like a baseball pitch, hard and fast. Therefore, the Fastball almost doesn’t have any drop-off. The grenade will explode on impact and will deal a lot of damage against a single target. However, because the Fastball has a very small blast radius it isn’t great for groups of enemies.
None, Fire, Corrosive, Shock, Cryo, and Radiation.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Forget the curveball Ricky, give him the heater.”
- Throw a fast traveling grenade with almost no arc.
- Explodes on impact.
- High damage, Low Splash Radius.
How to get the Fastball?:
The Fastball has a 15% chance of dropping from Captain Thunk who is located in Konrad’s Hold on Pandora. But this weapon can also be randomly obtained from any suitable loot source as a ‘World Drop’.
- Hotfix August 6, 2020
- +80% grenade damage
- Hotfix – October 15, 2020
- +59% Increased grenade damage
- The grenade’s unique throwing arc is meant to resemble a baseball pitch. A “fastball” is a special kind of pitch that travels fast and straight, much like this grenade.
- The flavor text is a reference to the line James Gammon’s character, Lou Brown, says during the final at-bat in the 1989 film Major League.
- The Fastball is a returning grenade mod from Borderlands 2.