About the Fastball:
The Fastball is a Legendary weapon in Borderlands 3. This Tediore Grenade Mod is thrown like a baseball pitch, hard and fast. Therefore, the Fastball almost doesn’t have any drop-off. The grenade will explode on impact and will deal a lot of damage against a single target. However, because the Fastball has a very small blast radius it isn’t great for groups of enemies.
None, Fire, Corrosive, Shock, Cryo, and Radiation.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Forget the curveball Ricky, give him the heater.”
- Throw a fast traveling grenade with almost no arc.
- Explodes on impact.
- High damage, Low Splash Radius.
How to get the Fastball?:
The Fastball has an increased chance of dropping from Captain Thunk who is located in Konrad’s Hold on Pandora. But this weapon can also be randomly obtained from any suitable loot source as a ‘World Drop’.
The Drop Rate of the Fastball is 15%
- Hotfix August 6, 2020
- +80% grenade damage
- Hotfix – October 15, 2020
- +59% Increased grenade damage
- The grenade’s unique throwing arc is meant to resemble a baseball pitch. A “fastball” is a special kind of pitch that travels fast and straight, much like this grenade.
- The flavor text is a reference to the line James Gammon’s character, Lou Brown, says during the final at-bat in the 1989 film Major League.
- The Fastball is a returning grenade mod from Borderlands 2.