About the Hornet:
The Hornet is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Dahl Pistol returns from Borderlands 2, back in those days it was one of my favorite weapons. Mainly because it was so effective against Armored enemies and we had a lot of those in BL2. In Borderlands 3 the Hornet is still a corrosive weapon and shoots a burst of 6 rounds. This makes it an effective weapon for the Moxxi’s Heist on the Handsome Jackpot. However, on higher mayhem levels this weapon falls a bit off.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Fear the Swarm!”
- Always Corrosive.
- Fires a 6-round burst and deals splash damage.
- Alternative firing mode only toggles between zoom levels.
- Option#1: 1.5x Zoom – 3x Zoom
- Option#2 : 2.2x Zoom – 4x Zoom
- Corrosive: Corrosive damage is strong against Armor and causes targets to melt. Melting deals high damage over a 7-second duration.
- Elemental Damage Guide
How do you get the Hornet in Borderlands 3?
The Hornet has an increased chance of dropping from Mother of Grogans who is located in The Anvil on Eden-6. But can also be obtained as a ‘World Drop’ from any suitable loot source.
Is the Hornet any good?
The Hornet deals decent damage but you want to create a build around it to make it viable on higher difficulty tiers.