About the Maggie:
The Maggie is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This is the hardest-hitting Jakobs Pistol that deals pure damage. The Maggie fires 6 projectiles per shot and has a fast reload speed. This Masher-style pistol will out-perform most revolvers if you compare the damage output, however, it will do so at the cost of its accuracy. The Maggie has a fixed magazine size of 9 and is great for close to mid-range combat. It works well with FL4K’s Fade Away action skill and Guerrillas in the Mist augment.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Monty’s wife don’t take no guff.”
- Fires 6 projectiles per shot, with decreased accuracy and damage per projectile.
- Increased magazine size and critical hit damage.
- Critical hits will ricochet 1 bullet at the nearest enemy.
- None: Physical Damage is useful against everything. It has no special properties but also does not suffer weaknesses.
- Elemental Damage Guide
- Hotfix October 17, 2019
- 35% increased weapon damage
- Hotfix October 8, 2020
- 77% increased weapon damage
- The Maggie is a returning weapon from Borderlands 2 & The Pre-Sequel.
- Unlike most legendary weapons, the name and flavor text are not a pop-culture reference but instead draw from in-game lore. “Monty” refers to Montgomery Jakobs, the founder of the Jakobs corporation; his wife was named Maggie, as mentioned in at least one Echo log found on the Family Jewel.