About the Ogre:
The Ogre is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Vladof Assault Rifle shoots explosive missiles that deal splash damage. The damage of the Ogre is oke but not the best on Mayhem 4. On lower difficulty levels it’s a good weapon. The Ogre has a very large magazine size and therefore it can spit out a lot of projectiles. This weapon seems to be made for Moze.
Special Weapon Effect:
“It’s all ogre now.”
- Fires missiles that deal splash damage, instead of regular bullets.
- High magazine size.
- No alternative fire mode.
How to get the Ogre?:
The Ogre can randomly be obtained from any loot source but has a high chance of dropping from the Anointed Alpha who is located in The Anvil on Eden-6.
The Drop Rate of the Ogre is 10%
- With the August 20, 2020 hotfix, this weapon received an Increased weapon damage +56%
- With the March 5, 2020 update, the Ogre received a weapon damage increase.
- Projectiles from the Ogre are affected by gravity and therefore have a bit of a drop-off.
- Explosions from the projectiles deal self-damage.
- The Ogre makes exceptionally good use of Moze’s Demolition Woman skill tree, which strengthens and rewards splash damage effects.
- The Ogre is a returning weapon from Borderlands and Borderlands 2, though its manufacturer has changed for each game.
- The flavor text is a quote from a video called ‘Shrek is love, Shrek is life’ created by the YouTuber TehAwooga.
- The weapon’s new green color scheme is likely also an allusion to the Shrek character and film series.