About the Transformer:
The Transformer is a Legendary item in Borderlands 3. This Hyperion Shield is one of the best shields in the game. Because of its special effects, it has tactical advantages and is therefore used in various character builds.
Special Shield Effect:
“There’s more than your eye can see.”
- Always 100% Shock resistance.
- Uses energy from Shock damage to recharge your shield.
- 40% chance to absorb bullets and convert them to ammo.
How to get the Transformer?:
- The Transformer can randomly be obtained from any loot source as a world drop.
- The Transformer also has a high chance of dropping from Queen Ant Wanette who is located in The Splinterlands on the planet Pandora.
- The Transformer is also a quest reward for the mission ‘It’s Alive‘ in Desolation’s Edge on Nekrotafeyo.
- The Transformer will still receive base damage from electrified attacks. For example, an electrified bullet will have its shock effect nullified, but the bullet itself will still deal damage.
- The Transformer is highly effective against Killavolt, as nearly all of his attacks rely on shock damage. In addition, the character will also be immune to the electrified tiles in Killavolt’s arena.
- All non-anointed Transformers of a given level will have identical stats. The parts of the Transformer are fixed.
- The Alchemist can be used to constantly recharge your shield as that Torgue assault rifle deals shock damage to yourself.
- If you want a similar shield but only with the radiation element, try the Red Suit.
- The Transformer is a returning shield from Borderlands 2.
- The name and Red Text are a combined reference to a cartoon series rebranded by Hasbro in 1984 called Transformers. The slogan for Transformers is “More Than Meets the Eye”.