The Chain Lightning is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2. One of the advantages of this Maliwan grenade mod is that the Chain Lightning has a unique delivery method. When using it your character shoots out a bolt of lightning that goes in a straight line. The Chain Lightning will detonate upon hitting a solid object or if it travels a certain distance without striking anything. The cool thing is that the Chain Lightning can pass through some surfaces and hit targets at ranges beyond the reach of nearly all other grenade mods. While some of the other magic spell grenades also have a similar delivery, the advantage of the Chain Lightning is its arcing effect. Using this grenade mod for longer distances, it can be difficult to get that pinpoint precision. However, if the initial blast impacts a surface close to an enemy it will still chain to them and to other nearby enemies. Beware the lightning bolt is NOT sent to the middle of the crosshairs, so it might take some practice to use this spell effectively in battle.
Special Weapon Effects:
Don’t pay it back, pay it forward.
- Always Shock.
- Regenerates grenade ammo over time.
- Shoots a bolt of lightning straight forward that explodes on impact and arcs to nearby targets.
- Your character may shout “Lightning Bolt!” after use while playing in Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep.
How to get the Chain Lightning?:
The Chain Lightning can be obtained in the ‘Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep’ DLC as it is dropped from Badass Sorcerers. A good place to farm for Badass Sorcerers is in the ‘Temple of Misworship’ which is located in the ‘Lair of infinite agony’.
- Don’t pay it back, pay it forward.” originates from a line in Lily Hardy Hammond’s 1916 novel In the Garden of Delight, wherein she wrote, “You don’t pay love back; you pay it forward.” Originally this was used to describe the beneficiary of a good deed repaying it to others rather than to their original benefactor, but in the context of the Chain Lightning grenade the phrase ironically twists to mean bestowing more violence upon the enemy than was bestowed upon the person paying it forward.
- As with all spell grenades introduced in Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep, Chain Lightning takes its name from a common spell in the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game.
- The “ammo pick-up sound” plays each time a grenade is regenerated.
GET FREE LOOT WITH THESE CODE!
Claim these Borderlands 2 SHiFT Codes for in-game rewards!