About the Cheap Tips:
The Cheap Tips is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Hyperion SMG has an interesting mechanic. When you damage enemies, they have a chance to drop casino chips. When you pick these up there is a chance that you will get a 10% damage boost. While the mechanic sounds cool, the damage is actually not that great on higher Mayhem Levels.
Physical Damage is useful against everything. It has no special properties but also does not suffer weaknesses.
Fire damage is strong against Flesh and can cause targets to burn. Burning deals high damage over a 5-second duration.
Corrosive damage is strong against Armor and causes targets to melt. Melting deals high damage over a 7-second duration.
Shock damage is strong against Shields and causes targets to be electrocuted. Electrocution deals very high damage over a 3-second duration.
Cryo damage slows enemies and eventually freezing them. Cryo efficiency is the percentage of damage dealt that is applied as Cryo, at 100% efficiency, enemies will freeze at 20% health. Frozen enemies are unable to move and take 3x Melee damage
Radiation damage can cause targets to become Irradiated. Irradiated enemies deal Aura Damage to nearby enemies for 8 seconds. If an Irradiated enemy dies, they explode, Irradiating any enemies damaged by the explosion.
Special Weapon Effect:
“I’ll get home early from work.”
- Damaging enemies have a chance to drop casino chips that increases weapon damage by 10% for every picked up chip for 12 seconds. The buff does carry over to other weapons.
- Hyperion: Sustained fire increases the gun’s accuracy. Aiming activates the front shield.
- Hotfix – December 17, 2020
- Increased the amount and drop chance of casino chips
- The damage boost is indicated by glowing red barriers on the side of the screen.
- Each chip has a separate timer for its damage boost. Picking up a second chip that gives the bonus does not reset the timer of the first chip with a bonus.
- Picking up the chips counts towards the A Little Pick-Me-Up challenge.