About the Cosmic Crater:
The Cosmic Crater is a Legendary Item in Borderlands 3. This Eridian Artifact creates different elemental puddles when you perform a slam. The elemental on the puddles is random. While it’s a cool effect you are left to RNG to be effective in matching up the right element to the right enemy type.
“Come on and SLAM!”
Slams create an elemental puddle that lasts for a few seconds.
The Cosmic Crater can be obtained from any loot source but has a high chance of dropping from Artemis who you can farm in Floodmoor Basin on Eden-6.
- This artifact can be very powerful with skills such as Moze’s Desperate Measures, which increases gun damage based on missing health.
- Since the character’s max health is not set to 1, only that they cannot be healed past 1, skills which scale with max health can also be powerful.
The Cosmic Crater will grant three of the following bonuses.
- Shield capacity
- Elemental resistance
- Elemental chance
- Elemental damage
- Combat XP
- Weapon type-specific damage
- Action skill cooldown rate
- Fight For Your Life movement speed
- Corrosive Stone
- Melee attacks deal corrosive damage.
- Ice Breaker
- Increased cryo efficiency and damage against frozen targets.
- Loot Expanding
- Increased amount of cash, health, and ammo obtained from pickups.
- Increased sliding speed and sliding launches a snowball that deals cryo damage.
- The flavor text, “Come on and SLAM!”, is a reference to the theme song of Space Jam by Quad City DJ’s.